Other > General Roleplaying

The Realm of Arda

<< < (3/7) > >>

Razor Blade:
looks fun, but i don't have experience in RPG's over the forum, first I tought this was going to be a nwn module or smt, now that would be fun!

Elessar Telrunya:
oh god no, there are plenty of those around - it's actually very fun to do over a forum, and a lot of people comment that it vastly improves their writing capabilities.

Chard!:
I found it quite brain-power consuming when I roleplayed on RoD. Although a forum RPG is very enjoyable I don't think I'll join this one, since I still don't like the fact that it's all turn-based and I hate making people wait. xD I'd also like to say that I am not always in the mood to roleplay. lol

Elessar Telrunya:
What exactly do you mean by "turn-based"? The only 'turns' I can think of would be individual posts - other than that you don't have to wait for someone else to go before posting again as long as you weren't the last person to post. And I wouldn't worry about making people wait - all sorts of things come up so they might not even notice the fact that you took several days to reply to something (believe me, I do it plenty). And if you're not in the mood to role-play, you can always put-off replying until you are. I know I do.

Remember this isn't done in real-time. Just because you replied to someone three days later doesn't mean three days have happened in game.

Soul Sojourner:

--- Quote ---oh god no, there are plenty of those around - it's actually very fun to do over a forum, and a lot of people comment that it vastly improves their writing capabilities.
[snapback]38523[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
As if to say there aren't plenty of role playing forums? I bet there's more of them than nwn mods. :lol:

--- Quote ---I found it quite brain-power consuming when I roleplayed on RoD. Although a forum RPG is very enjoyable I don't think I'll join this one, since I still don't like the fact that it's all turn-based and I hate making people wait. xD I'd also like to say that I am not always in the mood to roleplay. lol
--- End quote ---
Chardy only has a problem when he forgets about replying entirely for so long that he never does. :lol: Right Chardy-poo? :D

--- Quote ---What exactly do you mean by "turn-based"? The only 'turns' I can think of would be individual posts - other than that you don't have to wait for someone else to go before posting again as long as you weren't the last person to post. And I wouldn't worry about making people wait - all sorts of things come up so they might not even notice the fact that you took several days to reply to something (believe me, I do it plenty). And if you're not in the mood to role-play, you can always put-off replying until you are. I know I do.

Remember this isn't done in real-time. Just because you replied to someone three days later doesn't mean three days have happened in game.
--- End quote ---
He's probably thinking of a specific RP thread on RoD that was turn based. Where people only went after everyone else had gone through turns, like playing cards.

Unless of course, everyone else RP's the whole situation and all of the events onward without you. Then you're just putting in posts every now and then with the start of an action or situation just to have it take off without you being able to take part in it like you may have wanted, but just didn't feel like replying yet..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version