Author Topic: Extra Terrestrial Life  (Read 15111 times)

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« on: May 27, 2007, 08:39:27 PM »
So do you guys believe that there is other life out there in the huge galaxy?

I gotta say that with the time passing that i'm growing older i'm starting to believe more and more that there is life out there, i mean come on isn't it a bit arrogant to think that we are the only life form in the galaxy??
I just saw a intresting "movie" about a ufo cover up it's got some credibility but don't know you all could watch it and tell your opinion.

Part 1

Part 2

More importantly tell me why you believe/don't believe in other life forms?
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 12:18:32 AM »
Bah, damn near everybody I've talked to on the subject thinks their are lifeforms out there somewhere else in the universe, could be anything from something huge and resembling a giant, to a fucking bacteria or single celled organism we can't see by eye. Doesn't necessarily have to be a fucking bug-eyed big-brained alien that steals people from earth in UFO's to test on them. lol.

The universe is vast, could be anything. Especially if you believe in parallel dimensions. Fwahahahahahaaaa!

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 02:41:40 AM »
Space is a doughnut.

I believe completely that there is life out there, as Hell said. It could be anything. But in the vastness of space I wouldent doubt ther eare aliens like we have depicted.

Acording to quantum physics if I where to say there are aliens like in the alien movies given enough time it will happen. It may be millions of years after the fact or 5 minutes from now.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 07:37:40 AM »
I'm near convinced half of you are aliens.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:09:47 PM »
I'm near convinced half of you are aliens.
[snapback]35405[/snapback]
My mum says I am.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 11:47:57 PM »
Hmm well this topic started with potential but it got overridden by spam! You call this a "discussion"?  This *isn't* what LM had in mind HeLL. Better watch out.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 11:48:11 PM by Mo »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 12:56:22 AM »
I'm moving all topics that are made for good discussion here, whether or not they have some spam in them. It's not like anyone will gain post count from the posts they made when it WAS in RR, now that it is in here. Also, this topic in specific is still early on in it's number of replies, and you were the first to make a spammy post! Anyway, lol, old topics that are good discussion topics will be found here, but straying too far off topic will likely result in it being split, and the off-topic stuff going to RR. Or posts might 'disappear' depending on the situation, nobody likes nazi's though. lol.

I went through RR till about January of 2005 and then called it good. Everything else is likely too old for anyone to care, and most of it is spam.

Oh it is what it had in mind! It tells me so! No blue sticky glue wrath! Ha!

Anyway, now just to watch those.... long... video's you posted, Razor. My in-depthness on this topic was cut short for the sheer fact that I had already carried out a similiar discussion on my board awhile back. But on Xen's point I have to concur.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:57:24 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 12:24:08 PM »
I saw an interesting show on PBS recently where they think that the asteroid that hit Earth and created the moon actually brought life to our planet.

Apparently Earth didn't have any carbon on it during the early molten days and then it got hit by a ball of carbon the size of Mars which kicked outer crust of the Earth into orbit creating the moon. Not only did this asteroid (planetoid?) introduce all the carbon to our planet but it also contained amino acids.

Now, the funny thing about amino acids is that if you expose them to a high-impact situation, such as in a lab or by colliding celestial bodies, they bond together into complex structures called peptides, which are basic proteins.

When I explained to my mom, the fundamentalist Christian, that life on Earth likely originated from outside out Solar System her response was a smug, "Where does God fit into all this."

Makes me think some people are too un-evolved for religion.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 12:28:32 PM »
I saw an interesting show on PBS recently where they think that the asteroid that hit Earth and created the moon actually brought life to our planet.

Apparently Earth didn't have any carbon on it during the early molten days and then it got hit by a ball of carbon the size of Mars which kicked outer crust of the Earth into orbit creating the moon. Not only did this asteroid (planetoid?) introduce all the carbon to our planet but it also contained amino acids.

Now, the funny thing about amino acids is that if you expose them to a high-impact situation, such as in a lab or by colliding celestial bodies, they bond together into complex structures called peptides, which are basic proteins.

When I explained to my mom, the fundamentalist Christian, that life on Earth likely originated from outside out Solar System her response was a smug, "Where does God fit into all this."

[snapback]35430[/snapback]

Yep i've been thinking of this theory too ever since I saw the movie "Mars the red planet"
or did it call "The Red Planet"? Anyway on the end of the movie the alien explains how life on Earth began definetly a movie worth watching.
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 02:24:20 PM »
Ah, yes, 420. I seen something exactly like that a couple years ago. If this were true, then the possibility of life existing elsewhere is less of a possibility and more of a probability. Well, it was to begin with, but even more if this were true. The reasoning being, if something outside of earth, brought what was essential for life on earth, to earth, then the likeliness of other places having these things already, especially with it coming from elsewhere to begin with, is practically undeniable.

Hmm, if I ever notice it or something on tv or hear about it, I'll "go out of my way," so to speak, to watch it. Sounds good. Though there is a good possibility I've seen it before, I've watched many things on subjects like these, and the name sounds extremely familiar.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 02:25:04 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »
Ah, yes, 420. I seen something exactly like that a couple years ago. If this were true, then the possibility of life existing elsewhere is less of a possibility and more of a probability. Well, it was to begin with, but even more if this were true. The reasoning being, if something outside of earth, brought what was essential for life on earth, to earth, then the likeliness of other places having these things already, especially with it coming from elsewhere to begin with, is practically undeniable.

Hmm, if I ever notice it or something on tv or hear about it, I'll "go out of my way," so to speak, to watch it. Sounds good. Though there is a good possibility I've seen it before, I've watched many things on subjects like these, and the name sounds extremely familiar.
[snapback]35437[/snapback]

I tought 420 was talking about a comet crashing into earth and thus so creating life, so it was sheer luck that the comet crashed and not that a other lifeform sended it...

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 06:15:20 PM »
What is this none sense? Of course life came from "outside" of the Earth.  It's simple fact.  The Earth wasn't always here to begin with, and the Earth didn't create anything on it's own.  So simple logic dictates that the building blocks of life came from "outside".

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 06:27:20 PM »
What is this none sense? Of course life came from "outside" of the Earth.  It's simple fact.  The Earth wasn't always here to begin with, and the Earth didn't create anything on it's own.  So simple logic dictates that the building blocks of life came from "outside".
[snapback]35441[/snapback]

I tought the earth was created with the big bang? lol

Anyway think how it would shake the christian-muslim and other religion if other life was found.
I mean i don't get how people can believe there is a god out there....i mean...I myself am not sure wheter to believe or not if there is a god, I myself am a muslim but I once had the same conversation like this one with a other muslim and he said "You can say all you wan't but i know for sure like 100% certainty that there is no life outside earth."
I looked at him and said "Really?? what makes you so certain?"
He said "In the Koran (our holy book) there is no mention of other life"
Man was I pissed at that time I mean how, HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD can people be so blind, why do they insist to believe something wich is not 100% sure, this is why I also wan't that other life is discovered for it would shake and probably make the religous world crumble.
Another fact is if we make contact and the Aliens are friendly think of the technology we could get.
Think of the pc's we could build *drool*

On the other side if the Aliens are hostile and wan't to massacre us.....well then we are soooo screwed.....
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 06:29:04 PM by Razor Blade »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 06:52:05 PM »

[snapback]35430[/snapback]

*points to museum to advocate creationalism thread*

That thread alone should tell you that! I think a number somewhere in there said around 60% of americans believe in the story of creation. You should tell your mother that God sent the asteroid/meteor/planetoid of carbon and amino acids...that'll make her happy......or will it?  :o

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 07:02:45 PM »
You should tell your mother that God sent the asteroid/meteor/planetoid of carbon and amino acids...that'll make her happy......or will it?
[snapback]35444[/snapback]
Actually my response was: "Well I guess God is the one shooting the cannon full of these carbon balls out into the Universe."

Then I went on to explain how nature replicated in the same way no matter what the scale and it was obviously some kind of grand design.

Of course, I don't think she ever picked up on the idea that I was basically saying God was blowing his cosmic wad all up in reality and "spreading His seed" as it were.

Everyone wants God to be some impotent old geezer content to sit on some jewel encrusted throne in the clouds. Since nature shows us that God is the virulent lusty sort then nature must be against God!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 11:39:06 PM »
God is a penis and we are his sperm. :lol:

Earth is like our mother, and we, god's children, develop through her.

Damn, I am good at making up fucked up shit like this.

Suppose you could come up with some extra bullshit that could mix God, with "aliens." In the fact that God himself is in alien of some long dead race, left with technology of extreme power he has powers unimaginable to mankind from his races technology and runs a large portion if not the entire universe. If with such technology he could learn so much and gain ways to expand his knowledge and ability through his technology, which further enabled him to increase the complexity and advancement of his technology over and over to a point where he became all-powerful, dubbed himself a god, and re-created what is practically a copy of his race. Yeah, see, I could write some bullshit bible too.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 11:57:26 PM »
So do you guys believe that there is other life out there in the huge galaxy? [snapback]35390[/snapback]
Galaxy? Maybe not.
Universe? Definitely.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 12:53:53 AM »
God is a penis and we are his sperm. :lol:

Earth is like our mother, and we, god's children, develop through her.

Suppose you could come up with some extra bullshit that could mix God, with "aliens." In the fact that God himself is in alien of some long dead race, left with technology of extreme power he has powers unimaginable to mankind from his races technology and runs a large portion if not the entire universe. If with such technology he could learn so much and gain ways to expand his knowledge and ability through his technology, which further enabled him to increase the complexity and advancement of his technology over and over to a point where he became all-powerful, dubbed himself a god, and re-created what is practically a copy of his race. Yeah, see, I could write some bullshit bible too.
[snapback]35447[/snapback]

No.  Because such a "God" would not be so apparent in ancient times and vanish from civilization in modern times.  Not that I could possible claim to understand the "mentality" of such a "God".  As he certainly wouldn't think as a human.

Fact of the matter is that we peoples of the Earth haven't the slightest idea whats going on around here and no matter how many fairy tales you'll read before bed or at your select place of worship, they won't give you a much better understand.

There most certainly is plenty of other intelligence in the Universe, probably in our galaxy as well.  However the sheer distances that separate us from them in space and time would make contact extremely unlikely during the timeline of the human race.  If there is an intelligence that can easily bridge the distance gap then they would probably meet HeLL's description.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 12:58:57 AM by Mo »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 09:21:01 AM »
No.  Because such a "God" would not be so apparent in ancient times and vanish from civilization in modern times.  Not that I could possible claim to understand the "mentality" of such a "God".  As he certainly wouldn't think as a human.

Fact of the matter is that we peoples of the Earth haven't the slightest idea whats going on around here and no matter how many fairy tales you'll read before bed or at your select place of worship, they won't give you a much better understand.

There most certainly is plenty of other intelligence in the Universe, probably in our galaxy as well.  However the sheer distances that separate us from them in space and time would make contact extremely unlikely during the timeline of the human race.  If there is an intelligence that can easily bridge the distance gap then they would probably meet HeLL's description.
[snapback]35449[/snapback]
That entire post was sarcasm, Mo. :lol: :D

ing*

Godly. B)

Maybe Jesus was the hallucinations of a drunkard.

My post was a joke, to make the point that religion is a fucking joke. :D

We all migrated from Mars, anyhow. :lol:

Guess it all comes down to one question.
Do you like:
A. The white-skinned baloon-headed aliens more or...
B. The little green martians?

:D

And Razor, there's no apostrophe in "want."

On a serious note, if I were to pick between two beliefs:
A. That we were all created by a higher being known as god, whose own origin then becomes a mystery, or..
B. A single alien or a group/race of them that created us.

I would choose B, it just seems more explainable and reasonable than a god with no origin or beginning. That just doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:30:12 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 10:33:20 AM »

On a serious note, if I were to pick between two beliefs:
A. That we were all created by a higher being known as god, whose own origin then becomes a mystery, or..
B. A single alien or a group/race of them that created us.

I would choose B, it just seems more explainable and reasonable than a god with no origin or beginning. That just doesn't make sense.
[snapback]35450[/snapback]

Then B would equal A.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 11:27:42 AM »
By definition God is an alien. Unless God originated on this planet it is alien to us.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 03:08:37 PM »

[snapback]35447[/snapback]

Actually, I think 420 could claim prior art due to the comment just above yours  :rolleyes:

You don't happen to work in the US patent office do you?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 03:09:03 PM by Talon »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 07:46:27 PM »
The sperm comment was a split off of his seed comment, indeed. I was phrasing it in a way I found more appealing.

But when I said "Damn, I am good at making up fucked up shit like this." I was referring to the way I rephrased it, and to the extra line I added about earth and shit. And mine sounded more humorous and like a madman/drug induced raving, which adds a special flavor, in my opinion.

And Mo, aliens can have an origin. An allmighty god that created everything kind of can't since it created everything. The only origin that sounds even slightly sensical, would be that it created itself, since it created everything else, and thus it could not have come from something as it created everything. And that would cause a fucked up loop that would be very difficult to explain.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:58:45 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Chard!

Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 04:16:47 AM »
God needs to fix the shit he made. Maybe send Jesus the Alien-spawn back to Earth.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 07:09:49 PM »
Maybe send Jesus the Alien-spawn back to Earth.
[snapback]35464[/snapback]
Why, so we can stomp Him again?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 07:43:34 PM »
Why, so we can stomp Him again?

[snapback]35473[/snapback]
Exactly. :lol:

Now wait... was this about god or aliens... oh yea... aliens. lol. I did watch those two videos too, kept me entertained. Good shit in that, history channel rules. My gf watched em too. :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 07:44:33 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Chard!

Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2007, 07:10:17 AM »
Some time before this topic was posted I watched a video on youtube that viewed an E.T. being interviewed. In my opinion it is a fake, but many researchers in the full program proofed the tape to be real. The head bobling around at some point really makes the Alien look like a puppet with strings attached.

Anyway... I found a shorter video with just the interview, along with commentary from the guy who was there at the time.

Is that you, Jesus?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 12:00:39 PM »
The quality of that one sucks, here is another one where the lighting is better and the alien actually answers some questions: The real alien

Chard!

Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 06:23:41 PM »
ROFL!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Extra Terrestrial Life
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 07:24:05 PM »
I watched that first one Chard posted, if you look again you can probably see the comment I made for it.