Other > Discussion

The Occupation Thread

(1/5) > >>

Soul Sojourner:
Ladies and Gentlemen, HMH brings you the Occupation Thread!

I think the purpose of this thread is self-explanatory and completely obvious. However, if you still don't know, then the idea behind it is to share and possibly discuss your occupation (career/job/work, whatever you do to make a living).

You may see this as a pointless thread, but alot of threads I make are pointless, and I act oblivious to that point.

Anyway, I'm a cook, more or less. I work at a fast-food restaurant franchise known as Dairy Queen, and it's not a bad job at all, better than hauling trash or trudging around carrying boxes, or shoveling shit. Most employees learn how to do everything there is to do to keep the place running, apart from a manager's duties. I've started out as purely the cook, meaning I don't do anything with registers, customers, or icecream yet. The cooking can be the more difficult half when there are alot of food orders around lunchtime and the place is booming, while the front is taking orders, those in the kitchen are running around trying to get them out in time, as fast and fresh as possible, as well as getting the order correct. There can be alot of confusion sometimes. Beyond that are the chores, keeping things stocked, mopping, sweeping, cleaning out the grease, dishes, and quite a few others. Overall the job is relatively easy, but it's also not very high pay, which is expected. It's better than my parents jobs! Even if they get paid more... factory work... uck.

Beyond that, I thought I had three bosses, but I now know I have four. =D

420:
To quote Lister from Red Dwarf when asked what his occupation was: "bum"

Anheg:
http://www.marcustheatres.com/theater.cfm?theater_id=2400

Xen:

--- Quote ---To quote Lister from Red Dwarf when asked what his occupation was: "bum"

[snapback]35252[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Seconded, But I am designing clothing, working on game's and building custom versions of Windows in my vast supply of spare time. Among other things.

420:
Check out Bioware's new contest: Win a Contest, Get a Job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version