Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: 9 AC
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 04:57:17 PM »
I could host it for you.  The ports problem was probably the main reason for the demise of GS.  For the last months it was not being advertised on Lamespy.

I could give it another try with your mod.  I have a new ISP which should be better suited to hosting a server.

Question: Why would Gamespy want to block hosts?  Isn't that the point of Gamespy?

Offline Ser Red Ronnet Connington

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 05:38:30 PM »
Thanks Mo - That would be a great idea - but I would first ask you why not host GS? It is the 9 AC that mine is based on and in most ways better with a few exceptions. So if thats the case try with GS - because we all like GS more than mine, but if for some reason that is not possible or desirable. I'l send my mod pronto. With regard to Gamespy blocking ports - mabye they want NwN to die so they can focus on other games.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2008, 05:48:46 PM »
Thanks Mo - That would be a great idea - but I would first ask you why not host GS? It is the 9 AC that mine is based on and in most ways better with a few exceptions. So if thats the case try with GS - because we all like GS more than mine, but if for some reason that is not possible or desirable. I'l send my mod pronto. With regard to Gamespy blocking ports - mabye they want NwN to die so they can focus on other games.

Well because then I'd need to play a lot :P
Talon put GS back online and I don't think many people visited.  I wouldn't want it just lying there empty.  That was the reason I took it down.  Seeing it empty is not right.

I'll set the server up for you.  I'll let you know when it's ready.  Might take a day or two.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2008, 07:28:38 PM »
Ok well faster than expected.  Server is ready for your mod.  We'll need to test stuff out.  Do you have MSN? Add me.

Offline Ser Red Ronnet Connington

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2008, 08:08:07 PM »
Cheers Mo - I have added you on MSN.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 01:57:07 AM »
Is this server up?  It's 2am EST and I don't see it.
Are there actually that many people still playing?  I see 30/60 in the player list.
PvP in GW is nothing to what NWN was.  I miss duels  :(
I get an error when I try to open the toolset if anyone knows the problem without me having to post a screen shot or copy the error that'd be great.  If I'm going to duel in 9ac I'll need to make some gear  >.<

And wtf........?

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2008, 09:24:45 AM »
Is this server up?  It's 2am EST and I don't see it.

No the mod is not online.  I'm still in rebuild mode for the server.  Haven't decided if I'm gonna bring it back up when the server comes back.  Has anyone seen Ser Red?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2008, 10:24:18 AM »
Nope and I haven't seen anyone in that server when it is up. I try to log in and stay idle for a bit, but no one ever logs. Bastards.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »
Nope and I haven't seen anyone in that server when it is up. I try to log in and stay idle for a bit, but no one ever logs. Bastards.
I did that for awhile too but then Spore and Fallout 3 came out so I haven't been around lately. If Mo brings it back up we should plan on a day to all log on.

Meclar, do you get an error just trying to start the toolset or when you try to open a mod?

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 11:29:06 AM »
Good point, it's when I try to open the mod.  I have the game updated with some haks but the problem was there before I did any of that.
Are the grayed-out servers ones with a specific patch or something?  I have very few listed in blue.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:38:42 AM by Meclar »

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2008, 12:08:09 PM »
Ok so after two weeks and over two dozen game startups the automatic update kicks in 5 minutes ago and installs 1.69 from 1.68.  I thought there were issues with 1.69 so I didn't bother with it.  The toolset works fine now and I bet if I looked at the server list there will be more servers in blue.
Thanks.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 12:21:07 PM »
White texture bug fixes by:
(Throbblefoot, 420, Barry_1066 - assistance from Hardpoints, Brian Chung and LoRd of WoRms)

o.0

downloading the CEP  Horses are awesome btw

Which one? They only mention 1.68 on the vault
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 12:24:01 PM by Meclar »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 02:28:01 PM »
cep V2.2b is the latest version, v2.1+ is needed for NWN v1.69. And yes, Throbblefoot and I are both on the CEP team (as of v2.0).

There are a couple minor bugs in 2.2b that will be addressed in 2.2c.