Other > Random Ranting

Quotes!

(1/40) > >>

Soul Sojourner:
Hiya peoples! :D

This thread is for the posting of your favorite quotes, actually, not even that. Just the posting OF quotes you like, whether it's your favorite, or just one you happen to find interesting. Post it! If this seems a little bit stupid to you well, I think it's fun, and not only that, allows for an interesting opportunity for one to learn new quotes that they may want to use in the future or whatnot. I know I'm always looking for new quotes that interest me, just as I do new words I may find particularly neat and to my liking. ^^

I'll start this off, with a quote from my absolute favorite movie, and a couple other sweet ones.

"It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything." - Fight Club.

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin

"The best prophet of the future, is the past." - No fucking idea.
It means more to me than a regular quote, though.

Mo:
Franklin said a lot of smart things.

--- Quote ---Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
--- End quote ---
[/i]

Mercy:
"You may hate the enemy of your king, but you MUST hate a frenchmen as you hate the devil."

-Lord Horatio Nelson

*grins* Just wrote a 26 page paper on him and found that quote hilarious.

420:

--- Quote ---"It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything." - Fight Club.
[snapback]34546[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
"Freedom's just another word for nothing' left to lose"
-Kris Kristofferson (1970)

--- Quote ---"The best prophet of the future, is the past." - No fucking idea.
It means more to me than a regular quote, though.
[snapback]34546[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-George Santayana (1905)

--- Quote ---Franklin said a lot of smart things.
[snapback]34547[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."
-Benjamin Franklin (1779)

Soul Sojourner:
This isn't quote battle though, however. =P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version