Author Topic: New Screenshots from Rogue Dao's Purgatorio  (Read 7095 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
New Screenshots from Rogue Dao's Purgatorio
« on: February 06, 2007, 01:02:44 PM »
Check out this thread for a bunch of really nice screenshots of Rogue Dao's upcomming Planescape mod Purgatorio.

New Screenshots

EDIT:

More Info
Scope

- It's weighing in at around 100 areas right now, and will probably top 130 areas when we are finished; easily 15 hours of game time when all is said and done. The areas I am most excited about right now are the ones Jack is producing for Act Two. He's really nailed the Plain of Infinite Portals, imho.

Party Companions

- We've settled in at 18 potential party companions.

Sigil Factions

We've implemented our Sigil Faction system. One of the major choices you will make in the first chapter is which faction your character joins. There are a wide variety of benefits and consequences to joining the factions. You choice of Sigil Faction affects who your enemies and allies are; how potential party companions feel about you; and each faction has different benefits for the character in terms of gear and feats.

Epithet Feats

We've implemented our Epithet Feats system as well. In the screens below you can see some of the feats on the character sheet. We've put in 30 epithet feats so far, and there will probably be a few more down the line.

Some of the feats simply help you define your character in the campaign; others affect your dialogue options; some provide you with benefits; and a few will bring you nothing but trouble.

There is also two or three epithet feats that I would be surprised if anyone unlocks in the first few playthroughs.

The Score

Gopher, Oldbrian, Ceekayed, Minomus and the fifth member of the composing team, Joel, have produced a combined 2 hours of top-notch music that really captures the Planescape vibe.

Custom Content

We're clocking in at around 130 custom placeables right now, the most notable being Schazzwozzer's Gatehouse (which isn't previewed just yet) and MadHatterYU's Mortuary.

I've been doing some work on two custom tilesets (othere is a screen in the gallery of one of them). Michael has been working on a mimir as well, and we're hoping to get that operational in game soon.

We're starting to plan which 4 prestige classes we are going to do, Doomlord is definitely going to be one of them.

Also, of course, credit where credit is due: We're using a few pieces of custom character content from the vault in addition to the stuff we produce. Specifically: custom character heads by Badmagic and LeadderNoir and custom outfits by Alleane, Atlantis001 and Cecil.

Thanks to Adinos and Tazpn for their work on custom content tools. We certainly never could have gotten as far as we have without OBJ2MDB and the 3dsMax MBD Plug-in. Also GrinningFool's toolset plug-ins are truly invaluable.

Voice-Over

Maglok has taken the lead on doing post work on all of our voice-over audio and he is doing an excellent job. He's come up with some very cool effects to apply to some of the more off-beat, weird, evil, etc. voices.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 01:13:18 PM by 420 »

Offline Cobra

• MSN Messenger - pizza_boy_11@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 05:12:59 PM »
Wow, It looks great. I can't wait to play it. Do you know when it will be released?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 06:35:23 PM »
Wow, It looks great. I can't wait to play it. Do you know when it will be released?
[snapback]33690[/snapback]
Purgatorio, part 1 of the Planescape Trilogy, will be released by the end of 1st quarter 2007 (by March 31st). I helped beta test one of the areas and the custom voice-overs, music and skybox are just amazing.

Offline Cobra

• MSN Messenger - pizza_boy_11@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 09:37:18 PM »
Sweet thanks.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 02:54:29 PM »

Better than Obsidian could have done.

EDIT: For comparison, check out the art for the blue slaad in the Monster Manual (the big guy in the back).

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 02:57:08 PM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 03:42:17 PM »
wow, that's absolutely sick! unfortunately, because of the lighting i'm not sure which is blue and which is green! lol

-Elessar

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 01:02:51 PM »
Blue slaad is the upper most picture. This mod looks pretty amazing, its rare to see such effort.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 03:18:25 PM »
I'm happy for them - they're working hard at making what was a crap game something hopefully worth playing!

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 05:19:36 PM »
New model, music and NPC profile for Purgatorio here: Purgatorio NPC Profile

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 01:45:37 PM »
3 new beauties (I have no idea how they are working with that evil toolset):
[attachmentid=1296]
[attachmentid=1297]

Won't let me upload the 3rd image. Oh well.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 01:49:44 PM by 420 »