Author Topic: Removing Polymorph Effect from Incoming Players  (Read 5203 times)

Offline Ryu Hayabusa

• View Profile
    • http://
Removing Polymorph Effect from Incoming Players
« on: January 14, 2007, 04:05:51 PM »
Players are getting items through the filter by staying polymorphed when logging in.

Will using ForceRest(oPC) for the incoming player remove all polymorphed effects?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 08:14:48 PM »
Players are getting items through the filter by staying polymorphed when logging in.

Will using ForceRest(oPC) for the incoming player remove all polymorphed effects?
[snapback]33481[/snapback]
Yes, but it's very odd that a PC could enter polymorphed since applied effects aren't saved to character files.

Are they logging in, polymorphing then logging out and back in? In  that case the server will remember any effects on the PC.

Force resting the PC will work (I do this for my NWN2 server since +con items only add to max hit points and not current hit points). You may want to remove all effects of an entering PC however, just to be safe.

Offline Ryu Hayabusa

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:26:20 PM »
Yes, but it's very odd that a PC could enter polymorphed since applied effects aren't saved to character files.

Are they logging in, polymorphing then logging out and back in? In  that case the server will remember any effects on the PC.

Force resting the PC will work (I do this for my NWN2 server since +con items only add to max hit points and not current hit points). You may want to remove all effects of an entering PC however, just to be safe.

[snapback]33483[/snapback]

I thought it was odd that they could do that because I couldn't replicate it myself, but apparently some of claimed to have done so.  Now I just freeze players when they come in, remove all properties, and only release them after the scan is done.