Author Topic: Looking for Suggestions  (Read 85905 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« on: January 09, 2007, 12:25:13 AM »
I have a modest collection of anime considering iv only recently discovored it for myself. I need suggestions on series to watch and try out.

Currently I have seen and enjoyed (and possibly own) the following series:

Wolfs Rain
Full Metal Alchemist
Hellsing (Ultimate included)
Samuri 7
Cowboy Bebop
Samuri Champloo
Trinity Blood
Trigun
Bleach

Give me the names of some stuff worth watching!

-lawl
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 02:23:15 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:24:09 AM »
Naruto, you can watch them in youtube just type in search naruto episode 1 etc... or if you wan't better quality then youtube i can give you a site where you can watch them too.
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 01:00:03 PM »
Iv seen prolly the first 15 episodes of that . I didnt think it was very good. Plus I hear at like episode 60 it hits filler episodes. I try and stick to 25-50 episode series. I only watch Bleach on TV, I dont own any because I know it stretches into the 100s also.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 01:00:37 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 04:01:30 PM »
Iv seen prolly the first 15 episodes of that . I didnt think it was very good. Plus I hear at like episode 60 it hits filler episodes. I try and stick to 25-50 episode series. I only watch Bleach on TV, I dont own any because I know it stretches into the 100s also.
[snapback]33455[/snapback]

WTF who the fuck told you that it hits fillers at episode 60?! :blink:  :huh:

That is definetly NOT TRUE Fillers start from episode 150 and later....

Besides it just has been announced fillers end at episode 227 or smt like that on Februari 15th....
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 01:11:25 AM »
What do you use? Im tired of Youtube and Bittorent blows ass. Also I cant find the English Dub of Bleach past episode 18 on Youtube :(
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 01:12:30 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 05:56:05 AM »
Damn you Razor, why you had to post that you could watch that naruto thingie on youtube >_<, i didnt even knew what naruto was, besides it was an anime (i hear everyone talkin about it in games and im like... huh?)and i never cared about anime either but i though lets just watch an episode to see whats like lol, that didnt turn out good :o i just finished watching episode 96 ......in just... 3days >.< so i can say that razor was right it still has a good story going at episode 96 so some1 lied on you anheg :P but now that stupid thingie got me hooked....... guess i deserved it for saying that naruto sucked so many times to piss off those guys talking about it everytime  &lt;_&lt;
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 05:56:59 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »
This is PRECISELY the reason I can only find one word to describe Tyrael... and that's simply Tyrael.

Myself, I am not into Anime at all, I mean, DBZ was decently entertaining from time to time when I didn't have shit to do.. but... that was also some time ago, and yeah... who knows, I may like some if I found some good enough. But yeah, never really got into it. Though, this reminds me of a good flash series that is alot like anime in a way, but is made from video game sprites and areas, I'll post it elsewhere.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 02:14:04 PM »
THe problem is the lack of English Dubbed episodes of stuff. All the jap voices sound alike and I dont always have time to read all the subtitles... Booooo
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 02:57:06 PM »
well i cant watch english dubbed ones since i cant catch most of the fast talking english, so i prefer subbed cos i have no problem with written english, and japanesse sounds fun  to me lol

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 04:38:18 PM »
Damn you Razor, why you had to post that you could watch that naruto thingie on youtube >_<, i didnt even knew what naruto was, besides it was an anime (i hear everyone talkin about it in games and im like... huh?)and i never cared about anime either but i though lets just watch an episode to see whats like lol, that didnt turn out good :o i just finished watching episode 96 ......in just... 3days >.< so i can say that razor was right it still has a good story going at episode 96 so some1 lied on you anheg :P but now that stupid thingie got me hooked....... guess i deserved it for saying that naruto sucked so many times to piss off those guys talking about it everytime  &lt;_&lt;
[snapback]33474[/snapback]

hehe priceless, btw you are welcome Tyrael, you know i was just like you when I heard the name Naruto i tought man that sucks DBZ is sooooooooo much cooler and shit but now i'm hooked on Naruto too, well better said I was when the fillers kick in (fillers are episodes that have nothing to do with the story) it sucks but not to worry they end at episode 227 februari 15th.
From that moment there will be a 3 years skip in naruto so everyone will be older i'll post the preview later.
BTW the english naruto episodes suck better stick to subbed ones they are FAAAAAAAAR better.
Anyway here's the Naruto Shipuden preview :D
Naruto Shipuden

P.S. Tyrael if you wan't another nice anime here's another name for you or you might just close your eyes lol it's "Teknoman" you can also watch it at youtube (it's an old anime from 1992 so i dunno if you'll like it but you can always try)

P.S.S Shipuden means Huricane, that's what the new show will call Naruto Huricane Chronicles.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 04:43:10 PM by Razor Blade »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 09:38:55 PM »
teknoman actually rings a bell but i have no idea of what it is, im actually plannin on watching saint seiya i found out the first episodes are on youtube aswell and it was passed on tv when i was like 8 and i liked it but i dont even remember more than a few main chars and never found it cos i was using the normal translation knights of the zodiac and that made no results.... so ryu told me to use saint seiya and it worked >_<

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 02:01:22 PM »
Teknoman rings a bell cuz it was on tv like 10 years back so wouldn't suprise me if you did see it but here's some Wikipedia info about it

Teknoman

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 04:49:32 AM »
Theres no naruto episode 218 on youtube so i guess that as far as i can go for now
since i cant find it anywhere else either.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 08:36:56 AM »
Theres no naruto episode 218 on youtube so i guess that as far as i can go for now
since i cant find it anywhere else either.
[snapback]33520[/snapback]

lol dude the newest episode of naruto is 217 lol so yeah you've come to the end, but Februari 15th no more fillers yay!!!

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 02:44:18 PM »
Bleach hit a dull point at about episode 70
My PS3 Game Library:

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 03:49:27 PM »
You mean when the the Bounts hit the stage?

If anyone would like to watch anime with a gripping story then I'd recommend Death Note. You can catch episode 1 to 12 on Youtube but if you want better quality I think using the direct download pages on this site is the best choice. Death-Notes

BTW you have to register to download but that's done in a sec...  :)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 10:01:06 PM »
Is there only 14 episodes thus far, Chard? I was planning on checking it out, but if it's only 14 long, I don't wanna get into something and then have to wait for the new shit to come out forever... god I hate that. lol.

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 12:51:31 AM »
Nah I think they're gonna finish Death Note at around episode 20 or so... So yeah I'm waiting for the other episodes to come out atm. But if you really don't like to wait then you could always watch the movie. >trailer<

Personally I think the anime is better and it's worth the wait.  :P

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 07:10:17 AM »
Dude... is the first episode not subbed or what?

The thing on the site says it's 183 MB, but the download shows it's 266. And the file says it's RAW, and there are no subtitles, and it's just the first one... wtf...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 07:20:43 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »
Is there only 14 episodes thus far, Chard? I was planning on checking it out, but if it's only 14 long, I don't wanna get into something and then have to wait for the new shit to come out forever... god I hate that. lol.
[snapback]33533[/snapback]
Hellsing is only 13 episodes long and its amazingly good. I cant wait for the OVA  to release another volume.
My PS3 Game Library:

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 04:57:39 PM »
Dude... is the first episode not subbed or what?

The thing on the site says it's 183 MB, but the download shows it's 266. And the file says it's RAW, and there are no subtitles, and it's just the first one... wtf...
[snapback]33550[/snapback]

The subtitles on episode 1 work fine here...   :unsure:

Hellsing is only 13 episodes long and its amazingly good. I cant wait for the OVA to release another volume.

Hellsing is awesome. I watched all the episodes on winamp TV. lol Decent quality.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »
Not for me, I downloaded #1 from the subtitles page three times, each time I unzipped it, it was the RAW version. And they have the filesize marked wrong.

So for everyone else who may plan on watching it, and have this problem... eh...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHNqMxaA_uA

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 07:01:58 AM »
Bwahahahaha... I think I noticed this before but didn't say anything...
"Full Mental Alchemist" Anheg? ...funny, good job.

Death-Notes kicks ass, Chard... it's not all cartoon-like and fucked up like CN bullshit... Naruto or Inuyasha for example... BLEAH! I don't have a problem with animated shit, it's the damn shitty voice acting, and corny cartoon type things.

Do I swear too much? Nah, nevermind... I know I don't.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 03:41:41 AM »
Damn you Razor, why you had to post that you could watch that naruto thingie on youtube
[snapback]33474[/snapback]

And now I'm on it!! Crap!  Actually its a good telling of the classic hero saga but blow by blow instead of rushing to the critical story. Im only on ep12 as of this post, crap i got a lot of watching to do.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 01:05:52 PM »
And now I'm on it!! Crap!  Actually its a good telling of the classic hero saga but blow by blow instead of rushing to the critical story. Im only on ep12 as of this post, crap i got a lot of watching to do.
[snapback]33649[/snapback]

ahahahah lol looks like i'm the naruto drugs dealer lol :D

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 02:25:55 PM »
ahahahah lol looks like i'm the naruto drugs dealer lol :D
[snapback]33650[/snapback]
I hit Bleach 114 and theyre are no more on youtube so I kinda started watching Naruto. It isnt half as good as bleach but its watchable. Im on episode 29 I think. Some GW guildies showed me bitcomet and it is the best torrent site iv ever tried to use. Im just trying to work out a few kinks and Ill never have to use youtube again!
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2007, 04:37:20 PM »
I'm just waiting for Feb 15th then the new episodes start jeez so long....i allready watched all the teknoman Episodes and I am now doint Teknoman II damn man a episode of Teknoman 2 lasts over 30mins!!! That's the longest anime I ever seen.... :D

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2007, 07:00:56 PM »
naruto is more or less the same than bleach to me, i liked both, and you just watched the first episodes (theres 219 on youtube) it gets way more interesting after like episode 40-50 or so if i remember well then its all good till like ep 170 then its just fillers with some story eps till like 215 more or less gets back to story.

btw i got a bleach - heat the soul 3 for psp that game rocks :P its in japanese but has all menus in english and has 33 playable characters (you have to unlock like half of em)
theres basically all bleach chars.

when playing with ichigo in bankai form if he is like under 25% it turns to the hollow ichigo with half mask and goes crazy for a few secs xD, it even has voice acting for all the moves.

btw the bleach ep 112 really shocked me never expected that idiotic father to be "that" :P
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 07:04:24 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2007, 07:40:16 PM »
His dad is cool though, I always liked how they beat the shit out of eachother. Honestly though, during their first trip to Soul Society, those stupid fucking episodes where his sisters and that stupid spirit loving dude sucked ass... I almost couldn't actually finish watching one of them...

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007, 10:55:18 PM »
His dad is cool though, I always liked how they beat the shit out of eachother. Honestly though, during their first trip to Soul Society, those stupid fucking episodes where his sisters and that stupid spirit loving dude sucked ass... I almost couldn't actually finish watching one of them...
[snapback]33678[/snapback]
i 100% agree with both of those points!!!
My PS3 Game Library: