Author Topic: gvg ideas  (Read 6142 times)

Offline big

• View Profile
gvg ideas
« on: November 15, 2006, 05:18:05 PM »
hey guys we did pretty bad last night it seams where lacking some things.
I think we need a designated caller for prime targets, spikes and stratedgy.
most of our problems came from spike orented teams with some sort of shutdown on the monks. Mabye a 3rd monk or a support char is needed to help better deal with this problem. As far as our build it shouldnt be based around a spike but inculed one in it in order to drop a prime target also we need to have ur split teams pick-out and make sure the no thier roles( like who takes the thief and what the prime npc targets we should take out frist). Well lets get back in there and get that 1200 rating
go ZB :D

Offline Amokk

• View Profile
gvg ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 07:45:59 AM »
hey guys we did pretty bad last night it seams where lacking some things.
I think we need a designated caller for prime targets, spikes and stratedgy.
most of our problems came from spike orented teams with some sort of shutdown on the monks. Mabye a 3rd monk or a support char is needed to help better deal with this problem. As far as our build it shouldnt be based around a spike but inculed one in it in order to drop a prime target also we need to have ur split teams pick-out and make sure the no thier roles( like who takes the thief and what the prime npc targets we should take out frist). Well lets get back in there and get that 1200 rating
go ZB :D
[snapback]32666[/snapback]

You've listed everything we've been practicing for months now.  Problem is, if you keep changing the builds, it makes it that much more difficult to do a proper split or be a strat caller as the teams capabilities keep changing and are always different.  The target caller/strategy designator needs to know the build itself inside out, and what everyone is capable of handling, not just his own class.  

So pick one or two good builds, and play them, alot.  

If somethings not working, the metagame is against it, change only one or two skills at a time to adjust.  If it works, keep it, if it doesn't remove it.  Trouble shoot the build and its weaknesses.  Don't come up with a totally new build just because certain teams are metagamed against it.  There are always going to be counters to a build, we have to learn to deal with them, not scrap the entire build.

Thats my recommendation.

-Punt

Offline Alfred P Sloaner

• View Profile
    • Email
gvg ideas
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 11:31:06 AM »
If yall would have just stuck with the build that we had originally yall wouldnt have any probelm....  I dont know why we stopped playing that build besides vaelen was bitching about it... but thats not new... I think yall shoul go back to the dervish spiker with the defensive paragon... or yall could keep runing that thumper build...

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
gvg ideas
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »
I voice my opinion, rather loudly. You should be used to it  :P
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Johnny

• View Profile
gvg ideas
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 11:15:50 PM »
i agree with everything sloaner said, i think the paragon build with a shutdown mes can work.  Me and Big put together something last night, will post it when its finished.

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
    • http://
gvg ideas
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 12:02:13 AM »
well since we have no sloaner, we have no one to play the dervish...

Offline Amokk

• View Profile
gvg ideas
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 08:21:19 AM »
well since we have no sloaner, we have no one to play the dervish...
[snapback]32696[/snapback]

Not that difficult to run, just remember to "Pass the Buck" off to somebody and have them put it together over the weekend.

Offline Johnny

• View Profile
gvg ideas
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 10:46:50 PM »
actually we did well with punt on war + leo on dervish