Author Topic: Clean up?  (Read 24499 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Clean up?
« on: November 07, 2006, 08:15:03 AM »
I was going to make a topic on this a couple days ago and I fucking forgot. <_<

NWN2 is out now, and were it not even released there's still a disorganized mess of sections/forums/sub-forums and topics/posts. I'm guessing alot of what was going on under NWN and GS sections is going to be through. But there's too much crap belonging to those to even want to do anything with that, in my opinion. However, I was figuring a sweep of now-useless sub-forums would be a wise idea. Arivs? Antes? GS SV? Could a possible viewable vault be made to throw topics/posts from now pointless forums be made?

The old dead clans/guilds, destroy the dead ones and send their topics into GS General?
Doriath, Marauders, etc, the live ones, should they be moved into NWN2? Should there be a subsection for GS2 yet, or should we wait until there actually is a GS2 to do either of those things, or possibly all?

Those have some conditions, but I don't think NWN Building does. Should NWN2 building posts/topics be made in that forum? Should a new one be created? Should that one be renamed?

As for the entire roleplaying section, well... if it were kept, is there a point in keeping the WWW sub-forum, or the Guilds forum?

Also to note, the Fun And Games forum isn't really used, nor is the New Members Area.

Now, there's alot more that could be done, moved, changed, re-arranged, etc. but these are just some suggestions. LM was really, for the most part, about GS and NWN, and now that's changing here, a fresh start with a fresh game, and the end of GS1. The community remains strong, and I question if a little "re-vamping" could be in order. Or maybe, if it's a good idea, it should be held off until the actual GS2 is around?

Either way, I posted this to see what everyone else thinks. So, any opinions or ideas relating to the subject?

Chard!

Clean up?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:41:48 AM »
I agree with HMH but wasn't there a seperate board made for GS2? I'd say all the NWN2/GS2 stuff gets posted there and the original NWN stuff is left here in Lucidmagic...

Godspire

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
    • http://
Clean up?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 12:04:46 PM »
If it were going to be like that, it should be the other way around. Why waste an already paid for domain in favour of a free one?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Clean up?
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »
However, I was figuring a sweep of now-useless sub-forums would be a wise idea.
[snapback]32472[/snapback]
Pfft, who do you think you are? Nathan?

Why should the King of resurrecting old topics be interested in cleaning up the forums?

Chard!

Clean up?
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 12:58:20 PM »
If it were going to be like that, it should be the other way around. Why waste an already paid for domain in favour of a free one?
[snapback]32476[/snapback]

Right that would be better.  :)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Clean up?
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 03:17:23 PM »

Why should the King of resurrecting old topics be interested in cleaning up the forums?

[snapback]32478[/snapback]

lol he has a little bit of a point there.  I guess HeLL has turned over a new leaf and I'm a sucker for redemption.  As for the NWN forum, I don't see a need to clean it up.  All forums and subs in there should be left for their posterity.  

I'll get rid of Guilds and WWW.

I'll move NWN2 into it's own root forum and I'll add a GS2 forum.  I hope LM can remain the official board for GS2 as it did with GS.  Although I do not believe I am opposed to having a different host for the board (godspire.com server).

Thanks for the suggestions HeLL and keep up the good work.

EDIT:  Ok new forums added.  You can go to work cleaning up and moving topics HeLL.  Personally I don't like the way it looks when links to the new topic locations are left in the old forums.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 03:36:19 PM by Mo »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Clean up?
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 04:40:10 PM »

[snapback]32478[/snapback]
Alright, here I go... replies replies... lol.

I'll start with the above post quoted. No, I do not think I'm Nathan, and I'm glad for that! :D

I'm not the king, remember Wobbles? Nah, it isn't that, at heart I am a very, very, organized person and often a bit too much of a perfectionist. I guess you've never been to RoD have you? Go ahead, click the link in my sig and look at how forums/etc. are ordered, even glance at the rules and see for yourself! =)
And the reason for resurrecting one or two old topics before, well, for some topics, they can be continued like it was just yesterday, and there's no point in creating a new topic for the same reason as the old, just because you feel it's too old. If all old topics were ignored like that, you could end up with multiple versions of the same topic, just because people didn't want to post in it since it was old. There was one though, I resurrected for no reason at all. =P

@Mo: I didn't turn over a new leaf really, I just allowed a little more of organized/caring/helpful self to come here. =)

@WitchHunter_Z: I believe you aren't completely updated on the situation here. Neither domain is free, neither name is free, and were one free, it's still as good as the other. "godspire.com" is not run by Mo, it's run by Talon. As you can see there is nothing done with it yet. It was made because a couple people ignored Nathan's statement that he wasn't going to be hosting LM. You ask why it should be that way? Simple, Mo plans to continue to run LM through GS2, everything is already here, why try and move it all or start again? Once in the past it just redirected here. And now it's likely to be run on the same server hosting GS2, by Talon, if he ever completes it. Though LM would still be here, and as Mo just said, he wouldn't be opposed to switching the host, but that's not the same as switching domain names. =P Something's may change with that, but I believe it accurately describes the current situation. (Side note: I hate that type of board anyway. GG IPB XD)

@Mo: Alright I'll dig around. Might have to do more later though, I got wood to throw. (wood stove heating)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 04:42:34 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »