Other > Computer stuff

tyrael's exploding video card thread

(1/4) > >>

420:
I'm posting from my new computer! It came 9 days early, it wasn't even suppose to ship until the 25th.

Now to spend the rest of the day reinstalling 60 Gigs worth of software, yipee!

Tyrael:
hope you have more luck than me, the geforce 7600 GS of my new pc came with an overheat problem and i was only seeing odd coloured polygons all over the screen, then i had to wait like 2 weeks for the replacement ( they didnt had it in stock thats why i had to wait more >_>) and now when it finnally comes this one has the same overheat problem again WTF!!!! :angry:  at least im sure its not the same cos first had fan and this one doesnt but omg its the fourth card ive bough that cames with overheat problem!!! (from different vendors) my luck with graphic cards just suck  :( now i see myself another week without graphic card surely...

btw i played the demo of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and that game really looks good.

Soul Sojourner:
I should stop trying to read anything you say.

420:

--- Quote ---its the fourth card ive bough that cames with overheat problem!!! (from different vendors) my luck with graphic cards just suck  :( now i see myself another week without graphic card surely...
[snapback]31966[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
What brand of GeForce do you get? I always buy PNY, their cards seem to be pretty solid.

Mo:

--- Quote ---hope you have more luck than me, the geforce 7600 GS of my new pc came with an overheat problem and i was only seeing odd coloured polygons all over the screen, then i had to wait like 2 weeks for the replacement ( they didnt had it in stock thats why i had to wait more >_>) and now when it finnally comes this one has the same overheat problem again WTF!!!! :angry:  at least im sure its not the same cos first had fan and this one doesnt but omg its the fourth card ive bough that cames with overheat problem!!! (from different vendors) my luck with graphic cards just suck  :( now i see myself another week without graphic card surely...

btw i played the demo of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and that game really looks good.
[snapback]31966[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Perhaps your case is very hot.  Or it might not be heat related.  Perhaps your motherboard has a compatibility issue with these cards.  Whats the temp of your video card?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version