Author Topic: Why..  (Read 24667 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Why..
« on: October 09, 2006, 12:06:50 AM »
can I see peoples IP addresses in the ZB subforum and no where else (Doriath forum included)? I figured it was the mod thing, but it isnt showing IPs in Doriaths forums either!  :o
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Why..
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:09:45 AM »
And I can click on it, but im not allowed to that part of the control panel.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Why..
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 12:24:07 AM »
There's a good chance you may have been given different powers in each forum.

When you assign a person to moderate a forum you can select their powers, so between the two, someone could have given you different powers in that one than in the other.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Why..
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 01:00:33 AM »
There's a good chance you may have been given different powers in each forum.

When you assign a person to moderate a forum you can select their powers, so between the two, someone could have given you different powers in that one than in the other.
[snapback]31795[/snapback]
I see, I thought moderator was a set group of options.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Why..
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 01:37:22 AM »
Look to the left, the group you're in is Doriath.

You can make a group for moderation, but unless they are a global moderator, their powers are limited to what you specify in the forums they are given authority. More than one forum, and you can have different levels of authority in each.

Global Moderators obviously moderate all sections, their powers are resticted by group, since they don't need to be put in charge of a forum, as they are in charge of them all, so to speak.

I know on RoD, what I did was made a Moderator group, and then a Global Moderator group. What the global does is obvious. When I gave members authority to moderate particular forums, I set their powers there, but I also changed their group to moderator, which by itself has no extra powers or anything different than a member, except a different color name, and a different group name/pip thing. That way one could know who the regular moderators are by their posts etc. rather than having to check the moderating list or needing to see the "forum led by" deal.

I can also choose to have the group moderator moderate a forum, that would make all members who are in that group be able to moderate that specific forum, and I still set their powers there, instead of by group.

So basically, the only groups that have instant moderations powers, without them being set by forum, are groups that have the "Make global moderator" option checked. And so far, the only groups I see here that have that, are admins and global mods.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Why..
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 02:12:18 AM »
Thanks for the explanation HeLL.

Hey I noticed one of the ZB dudes lives in Montreal heheh. Laurent.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Why..
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 02:36:56 PM »
Thanks for the explanation HeLL.

Hey I noticed one of the ZB dudes lives in Montreal heheh. Laurent.
[snapback]31801[/snapback]
Ya, Laurent does. Doofer also lives in Canada, though im not sure where.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Why..
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 02:55:14 PM »
Ya, Laurent does. Doofer also lives in Canada, though im not sure where.
[snapback]31811[/snapback]
ooo! ooo! i know this one! i think...crap i can't remember the name of the stupid province...w/e, its on teh pacific coast ^_^ lol

-Elessar

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Why..
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 03:20:30 PM »
ooo! ooo! i know this one! i think...crap i can't remember the name of the stupid province...w/e, its on teh pacific coast ^_^ lol
-Elessar
[snapback]31818[/snapback]

British Columbia?