Author Topic: GodSpire 2.0 Rules!  (Read 20422 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« on: September 03, 2006, 12:19:42 AM »
As we learn more and more about the various aspects of NWN2 that can affect PvP I thought it would be prudent to start a thread for the community's input on how GodSpire 2 should deal with certain rule changes.
Knockdown Question
Any special attack that uses Discipline as an opposed check is out. There were only two that were not cut: Disarm and Knockdown. There used to be Sap and Called Shot but those are not in the game.

Knockdown and Disarm do not do damage anymore.

Knockdown is an opposed roll of attacker's STR plus (attacker's size - defender's size) * 4 against the the defender's STR or DEX, whichever is higher. +4 stability for dwarves/4-legged animals, is NOT in. Knockdown does not draw AoOs, nor do you need to do a touch attack to initiate it. There is no counter-trip. Improved Knockdown makes the attacker seem one size larger. You can only knockdown a creature one size larger than you or smaller. It uses up one of your attacks in a round.

Disarm draws attacks of opportunity and does no damage. It uses up one of your attacks in the round. The attacker makes an opposed attack roll against the defender modified by (attacker's size - defender's size) * 4, and the relative weapon size * 4. The defender opposes with an attack roll against the attacker modified by his relative weapon size * 4. NWN2 uses a hybrid 3.5/3.0 weapon size system that I'm not going into right now. If the attacker wins, the on-hand item, if any, is dropped on the ground. Improved Disarm does not draw AoOs and puts the on-hand item in the attacker's inventory.

This is as close as it's going to get, folks.

More: They must all be selected individually as feats.
Looks like the strength builds are going to get an advantage they didn't have before AND I'm gonna steal all your fucking weapons!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 01:06:30 PM »
Haha! Can you say "Archer Knock-Down for the win!"? Seriously, lets make an archer with some great strength here!

Also another thing that may take some balancing out: Subraces. We may need to do some extra balancing between different subraces, but we'll probably have to wait until we actually get the game to figure out whether or not there is a ton of need for balancing.

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »
Also another thing that may take some balancing out: Subraces.
[snapback]31074[/snapback]
Fear my Svirfneblin Warlock!

9d6 Eldritch blast at level 20, unlimited number of casts a day!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »
Fear my Svirfneblin Warlock!

9d6 Eldritch blast at level 20, unlimited number of casts a day!

[snapback]31075[/snapback]
Holy crap, can you cite your source there, 420?

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 03:46:50 PM »
Holy crap, can you cite your source there, 420?
-Elessar
[snapback]31076[/snapback]
This is assuming they don't tweak the official rules for "balance" (how I hate that word when used by Devs and not the community).

Warlock on NWN2Wiki

Bioware Forum Warlock Discussion with Dev Reply

Apparently there are various magic items to increase the damage even more but they won't be in NWN2 according to the Dev post.

EDIT: Hmm, but I wonder about the Maximize Spell-like Ability Metamagic Feat (probably won't be in NWN2)

EDIT EDIT:
Duergar, drow, svirfs, aasimars and tieflings are not capped to any level. They can reach level 20 just like any other race - it just takes them longer.
I'm guessing GodSpire 2 will have a level cap for subraces.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 04:26:43 PM by 420 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 03:06:29 PM »
Here are some fun new things that will affect PvP (from NWVault NWN2 Info):

FEAT                PREREQUISITE              DESCRIPTION
Monkey Grip     Base attack bonus +1     Can wield two-handed weapon in one hand.
Two-handed sword and shield weapon master anyone?[/span]

Battle Caster     Bard or Warlock     Can cast Bard or Warlock spells in medium armor.
[span style=\'color:green\']I'm guessing they mean "without a spell casting penalty". And just when I thought I couldn't hate bards any more. At least my Warlock is looking better and better.[/span]

Elephant's Hide     Wild Shape ability     Can spend Wild Shape use to greatly improve armor class.
[span style=\'color:green\']Looks like Druids will get a little boost from having alternate uses for their Wild Shape ability![/span]

Favored Power Attack     Base attack bonus +4; Favored enemy ability; Power Attack     Extra damage when using Power Attack against favored enemy.
[span style=\'color:green\']And you all thought Stinkoman's hits hurt before! Hee hee hee.[/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']Now, for all you two-weapon wielders out there:[/span]
Two-Weapon Defense     Dex 15; Two-Weapon Fighting     Improved armor class when using two weapons. Bonus greater when Parrying.
Improved Two-Weapon Defense     Base attack bonus +6; Dex 17; Shield Proficiency; Two-Weapon Fighting; Two-Weapon Defense     Like Two-Weapon Defense, but greater armor class bonus.
[span style=\'color:green\']Stinkoman just gets more and more deadly with every new feat![/span]

Persistent Spell     Can cast 7th level spells; Extend     Increases duration of some spells to 24 hours.
[span style=\'color:green\']Just a few ideas off the top of my head: Storm of Vengence, Word of Faith. Wall of Swords, any cloud spell. Bascially, say goodbye to your spell mantle! Ooo, I wonder if it affects Melf's Acid Arrow, how'd you like to deal with damage from that for 48 minutes real time (24 game hours)?[/span]

Able Learner     None         Learn non-class skill as if it were class skill.
[span style=\'color:green\']Not sure how I feel about this: Tumble, Spot, Listen, Hide, Move Silently, Spell Craft and  Concentration available as a class skill to any class![/span]

Augment Summoning     Spell Focus (Conjuration)     Increases power of summoned creatures.
[span style=\'color:green\']Summons may actually be useful in PvP now![/span]

Practiced Spellcaster     Spellcraft 4     Increases caster level for multiclassed spellcasters.
[span style=\'color:green\']No idea how much it increases the caster level, but the idea of a caster prestige class with higher DC spells scares the hell outta me![/span]

Feint     Int 13; Combat Expertise     Can use Bluff to reduce armor class of most enemies.
[span style=\'color:green\']If this stacks with Taunt then this may mean the end of high AC builds. No indication if there is some sort of opposed check against it.[/span]

Manyshot     Rapid Shot; Point Blank Shot     Fire multiple arrows simultaneously, but with penalty to hit.
[span style=\'color:green\']Arcane Archers rejoice!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 04:04:34 PM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 04:01:11 PM »
Nifty! But I think you meant to say NWVault there, hehe..
Here are some fun new things that will affect PvP (from NWVaul NWN2 Info):
[snapback]31400[/snapback]

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »
Here are some fun new things that will affect PvP (from NWVault NWN2 Info):

Looks fine to me. STOP EDITING MY QUOTES!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 04:11:46 PM »
Wtf... it says you made the post at 2:06 PM my time. Elessar quotes you posting it at 3:06 PM my time, but it says his post was made at 3:01 PM, making that impossible. And then you quoting yourself says you posted at 12:06 PM. Err... I thought quotes would show the right time, but I guess they put the time in of the quote being made by the quoter's time?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 05:08:09 PM »
Wtf... it says you made the post at 2:06 PM my time. Elessar quotes you posting it at 3:06 PM my time, but it says his post was made at 3:01 PM, making that impossible. And then you quoting yourself says you posted at 12:06 PM. Err... I thought quotes would show the right time, but I guess they put the time in of the quote being made by the quoter's time?
[snapback]31403[/snapback]
Ha ha ha, or there is another explanation.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 05:34:55 PM »
Here are some fun new things that will affect PvP (from NWVaul NWN2 Info):

explanation? teeeeheeheeeeeeee

-Elessar

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 06:09:37 PM »
Ha ha ha, or there is another explanation.

[snapback]31405[/snapback]
Guess there isn't. I checked it out on other IPB boards, it goes by the time of the poster. And it's actually pretty simple why. Since it adds the text to your post, it would be the same as you posting the time in your post. It's not going to change what you post, and since the time of the quote is in the quote brackets as a part of your post, like everything else in that post, it won't change unless changed by the user, or changed by the board, which isn't going to be able to determine the difference between posting 9:27 PM by itself and quote=bob, Nov 12, 9:27 PM.

So to actually know the time of a quote in your time you must know the time zone of the poster who added the quote, or find the post the quote is from. That also means you can find out the time zone of the poster of a quote, by comparing the time the quote said the post was made, and the actual time of the post in your own time. =)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 12:06:08 AM »
Guess there isn't. I checked it out on other IPB boards, it goes by the time of the poster.
[snapback]31408[/snapback]
That means there is no proof that I fixed the typo before quoting it! Not that I would do such a thing.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 03:38:52 AM »
Wow talk about a topic going OFF-topic like a bat out of hell

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 04:03:42 AM »
That means there is no proof that I fixed the typo before quoting it! Not that I would do such a thing.

[snapback]31414[/snapback]
lol, true, though there is also no proof that you fixed or didn't fix it after the quote.

Shutup Mo! :lol:

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 01:17:18 PM »
Funny thing is, I really have to remember how NWN works. First time I saw 9d6 i thought it was a terrible typo. <_<
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 01:29:30 PM »
Funny thing is, I really have to remember how NWN works. First time I saw 9d6 i thought it was a terrible typo. <_<
[snapback]31437[/snapback]
Well I'm gonna blast your dueler to dust with that typo!

I think we're going to have to unlearn a bunch of the PvP tactics we relied on in NWN. 3.5 rules, no discipline, 4 class limit, new prestige classes tons of new feats that directly affect PvP it will be a lot of fun making broken-ass duelers for the first few weeks.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 01:29:41 PM by 420 »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 01:32:02 PM »
Did they at least nerf hips?
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 03:11:40 PM »
Did they at least nerf hips?
[snapback]31442[/snapback]
As far as I know, there has never been anything to nerf about hips, but rangers do get hips in nwn2 at level 17.

-Elessar

PS: wow. stinkoman is really going to have a field day with this, isn't he?

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 02:05:44 PM »
As far as I know, there has never been anything to nerf about hips, but rangers do get hips in nwn2 at level 17.
-Elessar

PS: wow. stinkoman is really going to have a field day with this, isn't he?
[snapback]31444[/snapback]
Maybe Shadowdancers not getting it at lvl 1?
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 03:26:26 PM »
[snapback]31456[/snapback]
well it *is* a prestige class.

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 04:02:56 PM »
[snapback]31456[/snapback]
The 3.5 System Reference Docs say the Shadowdancer gets HiPS at level 1. There is no reason to make it different than the official D&D rules.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 05:32:11 PM »
I simply dont agree with it. HiPS at lvl 1 to me is like if Arcane Archers got an automatic +10ab bonus at lvl 1, on top of all its other bonuses.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 05:38:38 PM »
I simply dont agree with it. HiPS at lvl 1 to me is like if Arcane Archers got an automatic +10ab bonus at lvl 1, on top of all its other bonuses.
[snapback]31464[/snapback]
dude, deal with it. besides, true seeing is altered to make hips useful, remember?

-Elessar

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 11:10:30 PM »
I dont remember a quarter of the stuff I knew about NWN, including whatever trueseeing did, compared to its real function.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 12:22:37 AM »
I dont remember a quarter of the stuff I knew about NWN, including whatever trueseeing did, compared to its real function.
[snapback]31474[/snapback]
Doriath is doomed!

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »
Doriath is doomed!

[snapback]31477[/snapback]
Naw, ill just have to put a lil effort into getting my stuff streight again. Im sure it will come back to me, Guildwars has just sorta pushed it into the back of my mind.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
    • http://
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 02:42:02 PM »
HiPS is only overpowered in server rules like godspire, bow, etc. true seeing or anything of the kind allowed and suddenly hide is useless.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 05:08:28 PM »
HiPS is only overpowered in server rules like godspire, bow, etc. true seeing or anything of the kind allowed and suddenly hide is useless.
[snapback]31485[/snapback]
Ah, but allowing True Seeing to reveal hiders is against the official D&D rules. I think there were multiple arguments about the power of HiPS with the True Seeing fix. However, a PC with high Spot/Listen has nothing to worry about from hiders. As long as there is a counter to a tactic then it is a viable PvP option.

Chard!

GodSpire 2.0 Rules!
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 12:23:46 PM »
Well it will take a while untill servers pop up in NWN2 multiplayer so we can spend that time to get used to NWN2 by playing the single-player campaign. I myself am a bit rusty to at the moment.