Author Topic: Chards KoV Game  (Read 27101 times)

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2006, 11:04:36 AM »
-Sry if that insults any former Antes, but honostly, thats exactly how 95% of all of the Antes iv ever encountered act.
[snapback]30267[/snapback]

Well your right about their behaviour but i still think some Antediluvians check LM as guests and they probaly wouldn't like to see the same thing happen as the "Why Antes are considered noobs on GS" topic.

Lizardfolk as basic low level Goblin/Kobold-like monsters that you encounter in about every random battle just doesn't feel right.  :)

For example: Dragon Quest VIII uses these slimes as low level monsters. They look very simple and kinda cute. Antediluvian lizardfolk doesn't look simple or cute at all.

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
    • http://
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2006, 11:45:07 AM »
Just make them KoV's members minions, you encounter a couple of them before a boss fight and then in the last few levels as normal monsters, they speak crudely [they are lizards after all]

Give Gwydion a whip and a power that makes other lizards fight harder  :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:45:32 AM by WitchHunter_Z »

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2006, 11:48:42 AM »
Give Gwydion a whip and a power that makes other lizards fight harder  :P
[snapback]30271[/snapback]

Hehe. Why a whip?  :P

Hmm i don't really know how to make Gwydion have a power that boosts other monsters in a fight. I'll try something out.

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2006, 12:27:02 PM »
So Gwydion can be a slave master there as well as on NWN

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2006, 12:32:23 PM »
So Gwydion can be a slave master there as well as on NWN
[snapback]30275[/snapback]

Lmao  :lol2:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2006, 03:15:03 PM »
Hehe. Why a whip?  :P

Hmm i don't really know how to make Gwydion have a power that boosts other monsters in a fight. I'll try something out.
[snapback]30272[/snapback]

Use GetNearestObjectByTag to get the closest lizard folk and check to see if they are "frenzied". If not, have him attack that lizard folk with his whip one time then apply a temporary haste + str/con bonus (with a visual effect). Basically it would work like the Overseers from Diablo 2.

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2006, 03:20:38 PM »
Use GetNearestObjectByTag to get the closest lizard folk and check to see if they are "frenzied". If not, have him attack that lizard folk with his whip one time then apply a temporary haste + str/con bonus (with a visual effect). Basically it would work like the Overseers from Diablo 2.

[snapback]30281[/snapback]

I guess that could work. I'll look into it, thanks!

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2006, 08:38:19 PM »
oh i forgot this, i want to be one of the last bosses (if possible its your game after all :P) or one of those really strong out of plot bosses, like ultima weapon in FFVIII

i wanna look like Seifer but with a hood and white angel wings ^^ ( same battle stand if possibe :P) cos Seifer has the best battle stand ever.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 08:38:58 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2006, 09:03:19 PM »
420, he isn't making it with the nwn toolset. He is making it with the RPG Toolkit, in which case, he would have to create an rpgcode to do that. I think other people are also confused, he isn't making an nwn mod.

@Anheg: forgive me for laughing at YOUR dialect when insulting the Antes dialect. =)

@Chard: I have a suggestion. The Antes were very funloving, noobs or not, they were fun. Basically, there were the bad noobish Antes, and the good Antes. What I am thinking, is maybe making an Antediluvian village, where they are non-hostile npc's. You could easily make it so that the bad nooblike Antes would be nooblike, and some may be hostile and attack. Or easy to piss off into attacking. While all the good Antes are kind and helpful, although not very advanced in fighting, would be a quite funloving village.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 09:08:31 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2006, 09:21:02 PM »
Or that when theyre low on hp they run away, thats common on some rpgs.
like in FFVII when you were in the desert prison the robbers used to ran away when they were low on health.
i dunno if its hard or not (or if you want or not :P) to make it like when theyre at like 25% of hp they have like 50-75% probability of running away. (cos the "relog" option its not avalaible xD)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 09:23:18 PM by tyrael084 »

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2006, 01:40:28 AM »
@HeLL: Thanks. I could make the funloving village/swamp NPC's adult Lizardfolk so the noobish Antes get to be hostile Kobolds.

@Tyreal: No problem. Seifer rocked! You can have his outfit + hood and wings but i'm not sure if you can be a plot end boss as i already made one.

You guys have to remember that i'm not using the Diablo-like graphics but more Final Fantasy 1 to 3-like graphics. I also tried to make anime cutscenes but thats way to hard and takes to much time. And i don't think all the people here like Anime. I.e. Connington.

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2006, 02:10:29 AM »
I can't make any music for the game because it would probaly suck and i don't have any instruments. :)  That's why i need to know if you guys would like to see music from other game soundtracks in it. Or even normal music might fit in at some points. Maybe i should make a poll where you get to choose from different RPG soundtracks...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2006, 02:15:51 AM »
Well when it comes to music, play Dimmu Borgir - Burn in Hell on the fight against me. =)

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2006, 02:25:27 AM »
I want Iron Maiden - The Wickerman vs me   :lol:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2006, 02:51:09 AM »
420, he isn't making it with the nwn toolset. He is making it with the RPG Toolkit, in which case, he would have to create an rpgcode to do that. I think other people are also confused, he isn't making an nwn mod.
[snapback]30291[/snapback]

And it's in the Neverwinter Nights forum because?

(Maybe GodSpire General is the wrong location for the KoV sub-forum)

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2006, 06:04:03 AM »
And it's in the Neverwinter Nights forum because?

(Maybe GodSpire General is the wrong location for the KoV sub-forum)

[snapback]30304[/snapback]

KoV is a NWN legit PvP clan so this is the right location. This is just a game about the KoV clan. And because its an KoV game it fits perfectly in the KoV sub-forum.

@HeLL & Grug: I'm not sure about that Iron Maiden song but i do have Burn in Hell somewhere.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2006, 02:33:44 PM »
Final Fantasy VII and VIII and Chrono Trigger / Cross have the best BSO's ever!!
The opening music from Parasite Eve 2 is good too.

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2006, 01:25:56 PM »
Whoohoo! I got my compie back! I'm gonna spend most of my summer vacation time on finishing the KoV game. There are just a few things i still need to hear your opinion about.

I tried to make one of those menu's in the game where you get to name the main character but it wont work properly. So i need to know from you guys what would be a good name for the newbie swordsman.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2006, 02:01:22 PM »
So i need to know from you guys what would be a good name for the newbie swordsman.
[snapback]30513[/snapback]

Regdar (name of the fighter in the D&D Player's Handbook)

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2006, 02:42:56 PM »
Sounds good 420. Anyone else have some names?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2006, 10:20:52 PM »
Clarius Melsonan (A name I made up and used in many nwn modules)

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2006, 03:21:22 AM »
Alright people nevermind about the names. I'm gonna start all over again (Keeping the sprites, music etc.) and this time it's gonna be an MMORPG. Hee hee.

Well actually the term "MMORPG" is wrong in this case. The KoV game is gonna be more of a online "hack and slash" game with maybe some RPG elements. Oh and don't worry about all those end bosses. They will now appear as godlike monsters in the game which we can all fight together.

This does mean you'll have to wait longer but i believe playing it online is much more fun.

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2006, 05:05:10 AM »
Sounds cool, but can that RPG toolkit thing do that?

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2006, 06:29:06 AM »
Nope. That's why i'm gonna use Game Maker instead. But i'll import all the graphical stuff i made in the Toolkit.

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2006, 08:41:31 AM »
Aaaw this sucks. You have to register and pay 15 euros to make a multiplayer game.  :angry: Grrr!

Well looks like it's gonna be single player after all... God what a waste of time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 08:42:29 AM by Chard! »

Chard!

Chards KoV Game
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2006, 09:21:09 AM »
As i said the graphics wont be great but here's a little sample to show you what the KoV game is gonna look like:

[attachmentid=870]

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Chards KoV Game
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2006, 01:24:09 PM »
As i said the graphics wont be great but here's a little sample to show you what the KoV game is gonna look like:

[attachmentid=870]
[snapback]30546[/snapback]

The graphics reminds me of the old Adventure Construction Set, the original game construction software. Still have it on a 5 1/4" floppy, too bad I no longer have a drive to read it.