Author Topic: What do you think about:  (Read 6507 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
What do you think about:
« on: April 28, 2006, 09:32:21 AM »
I have seen this all over the news and I want a few point of views taht arent from news channels.

There have been mass protests by illegal immigrants and their supporters all around the US. Here recently the Mexical Gov't has given the illegals their support also (Story Here)

I think that there needs to be a secret underground tube that can suck Mexicans though it (sorta like a futuristic Jestons thing) and have them pop out in Europe.

On a more serious note, I think the Mexican gov't simply doesn't want any, of the ones that would be deported, back.

What do you think?
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What do you think about:
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 02:24:12 PM »
Here is what I think:

The Student Union building on San Fransicso State University campus is not part of the schools property/jurisdiction (though it's located in the exact center of campus). It houses all the food stalls, the Pub, bookstore, ATMs, convienience stores, arcade, copy machines, student services and study areas.

On May 1st the people in charge of the Student Union will force them to close it for the day in protest regardless of the hundreds of students living on campus. Activists are also calling for a walkout of all classes.

So lets review, in order to protest the new illegal imigrant laws the SFSU campus in the liberal city of San Francisco will do the following:

1. Force all illegal immigrants working in the Student Union (ie most of the staff) to not work, losing a days wages.

2. Deprive the students living in the campus dorms of basic living necessities.

3. Intimidate students into ignoring their education and walking out of a class they paid a thousand dollars or more to attend.

Funny how the people in the power to make and enforce those decisions get paid no matter what while the group they are suppose to be helping get deprived of money that they desperately need.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
What do you think about:
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 02:43:16 PM »
Two things come to mind:
1- The immigration debate is a distractive nuisance concocted by various white American men who want the world to focus its attention away from other quagmires. The immigration situation is no better and no worse than it has been for at least 20 years. In fact, it's a relatively stable and very important factor in our agricultural economic model. People called Presidente Vincente Fox a bigot when he said that Mexicans "are doing jobs that not even blacks want to do there in the United States," but he's basically right. In California, if it's a minimum-wage menial job, you can bet a Latino is working it.

2- From a historical perspective, when the American public starts gnashing their teeth about immigration, it's usually when other factors put working people in a squeeze. If your citizens are scared and angry about financial or economic issues (like oil prices), you can hand them a more concrete scapegoat (like immigration) to divert the angry mob.

-Throbble "No Dogs or Irish" Foot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
What do you think about:
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 07:45:32 AM »
I think that there needs to be a secret underground tube that can suck Mexicans though it (sorta like a futuristic Jestons thing) and have them pop out in Europe.
If you think you have problems on your tiny super-continent with patrolled borders, imagine the problems we have a simple dip in the ocean from africa, and being bordered by asia, the middle east, and russia, etc.
Im sure we would gladly swap..
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 07:51:18 AM by Talon »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
What do you think about:
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 06:21:13 PM »
If you think you have problems on your tiny super-continent with patrolled borders, imagine the problems we have a simple dip in the ocean from africa, and being bordered by asia, the middle east, and russia, etc.
Im sure we would gladly swap..
[snapback]28648[/snapback]
I was trying to be humorous :(
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
What do you think about:
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 08:50:25 PM »
The cold keeps people away from here.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What do you think about:
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 01:42:20 AM »
The cold keeps people away from here.
[snapback]28657[/snapback]

*Buys lots of Gore-Tex and guns.*

Oh I'ma comin' Mo, and I'ma bringin' all my relatives with me! YEE HAW!

What's Qu�©b�©cois for "Your money or your life."

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 01:46:34 AM by 420 »