Author Topic: "get the hell out of my inn" voice  (Read 8977 times)

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
"get the hell out of my inn" voice
« on: April 14, 2006, 08:21:43 PM »
Does anybody know the voice set that says "get the hell out of my inn" is called? I have been trying to find it in the toolset and I haven't had any luck...

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »
Does anybody know the voice set that says "get the hell out of my inn" is called? I have been trying to find it in the toolset and I haven't had any luck...
[snapback]28188[/snapback]

I could tell you. That would be the kind, helpful thing to do. But instead I'll just point and laugh at your sheer stupidity and ignorance.

-points and laughs-  :lol:   :clapping:  :dance:  :lol2:

-Elessar

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 09:21:25 PM »
I could tell you. That would be the kind, helpful thing to do. But instead I'll just point and laugh at your sheer stupidity and ignorance.

-points and laughs-  :lol:   :clapping:  :dance:  :lol2:
-Elessar
[snapback]28190[/snapback]

I could ban you, but no. That would be the rude thing to do. Instead i'll just ignore your response and wait until somebody else is kind enough to help me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 09:23:15 PM by Mo »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 09:22:31 PM »
[snapback]28188[/snapback]

All the voicesets are available to be used in the character creation section of nwn.  At least it is for me.  Maybe I hacked it or something :P

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 09:26:06 PM »
All the voicesets are available to be used in the character creation section of nwn.  At least it is for me.  Maybe I hacked it or something :P
[snapback]28192[/snapback]
Thanks Mo :P

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 09:45:23 PM »
I could ban you, but no. That would be the rude thing to do. Instead i'll just ignore your response and wait until somebody else is kind enough to help me.
[snapback]28191[/snapback]
Oh, you wanted a polite response? Here's one:

Do you know how people see if children are about ready to enter kindergarten? They show them this picture:

If they are ready, they draw the same picture. If they aren't, they draw this, because they see separate squares:

You reminded me of the kids who weren't ready for kindergarten and the picture they draw when you asked that question.

It would be Durnan's voice set.

-Elessar

PS: My Bio teacher said that to my lab partner about a diagram he drew for his lab report.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 09:53:41 PM »
Oh, you wanted a polite response? Here's one:

Do you know how people see if children are about ready to enter kindergarten? They show them this picture:

If they are ready, they draw the same picture. If they aren't, they draw this, because they see separate squares:

You reminded me of the kids who weren't ready for kindergarten and the picture they draw when you asked that question.

It would be Durnan's voice set.
-Elessar

PS: My Bio teacher said that to my lab partner about a diagram he drew for his lab report.
[snapback]28194[/snapback]

Actually there are 4 seperate squares in the 1st one.  They happend to be touching.  Plus I'd be more impressed if someone drew the second one since it requires more precision.  Id probably think the child will turn into a Picasso. Kindergarden is a waste of time anyway.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 10:25:25 PM »
Actually there are 4 seperate squares in the 1st one.  They happend to be touching.  Plus I'd be more impressed if someone drew the second one since it requires more precision.  Id probably think the child will turn into a Picasso. Kindergarden is a waste of time anyway.
[snapback]28195[/snapback]

I'd say something because I'm on a roll, but I'd be more worried about insulting you than insulting Nathan...teeheeeee

-Elessar

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 11:14:31 PM »
durnan? i think it was drognan or something

edit: o well it was durnan just checked in hotu campaign :P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 11:25:52 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 06:04:38 AM »
I think the second 4 squares don't touch cause the kid was given a stylo that draws finer lines. ;)

-Mel

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 06:10:21 AM »
durnan? i think it was drognan or something

edit: o well it was durnan just checked in hotu campaign :P
[snapback]28197[/snapback]
No it's like Durnan, the inkeeper of the inn you start in in hotu, and it's like Drogan as the mentor of the school you start in in sou.

All I see is overlapping lines, and angles everywhere.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 09:58:35 AM »
No it's like Durnan, the inkeeper of the inn you start in in hotu, and it's like Drogan as the mentor of the school you start in in sou.
[snapback]28203[/snapback]

which was why I was mocking Nathan because you encounter him and when he says that line in about the first 10 minutes of gameplay.

All I see is overlapping lines, and angles everywhere.
[snapback]28203[/snapback]

this is turning into a very interesting conversation...perhaps one deserving of its own topic ;)

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 12:52:17 PM »
I think the idea is that a less developed child will see four of a single, simple polygon, a square. The more developed children probably see one large square containing a + shape.

I spent a LOT of time doing these experiments going up, to prove to innumerable child psychologists that I was, in fact, intelligent and that I just hated school with a passion.

I did these kind of shape puzzles at a college level when I was around 10. (Why didn't they give me a degree back then!?!?)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 01:18:47 PM »
I think the idea is that a less developed child will see four of a single, simple polygon, a square. The more developed children probably see one large square containing a + shape.

I spent a LOT of time doing these experiments going up, to prove to innumerable child psychologists that I was, in fact, intelligent and that I just hated school with a passion.

I did these kind of shape puzzles at a college level when I was around 10. (Why didn't they give me a degree back then!?!?)

[snapback]28212[/snapback]

There are quite clearly 4 identical white squares on a black background.  The poor kid was unfortunately given a white piece of loose leaf and a pencil.  He had no choice but to draw the new squares with a black border.  This is clearly a case of psychologists thinking they are out smarting a 4 year old when they aren't.

The fact that the inside black lines are thicker than the outside lines confirms that the squares are spaced out evenly from each other, exactly how it was drawn on the white paper in the second image. ■

Q.E.D.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 01:37:33 PM by Mo »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 01:53:12 PM »
Umm...lol, I didn't get those images from any fancy site, I just made them quickly in paint and uploaded them to Photobucket and stuck the images in, because they're too small to bother with thumbnails...they were merely for the express purpose of making my point that Nathan's an idiot.

-Elessar

Offline nathan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 02:20:23 PM »
well that really doesn't prove anything except that you can draw straight lines in paint
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:21:02 PM by nathan »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 05:27:03 PM »
well that really doesn't prove anything except that you can draw straight lines in paint
[snapback]28221[/snapback]

ah, but what you just said completely proves my point.

-Elessar

Offline Prin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 01:02:58 PM »
In my opinion, it proves nothing.
It just looks like someone drew four seperate squares in a square shape, then colored in the middles. Also, Elessar, a little love never hurt. :P