Author Topic: GodSpire 2 by Talon  (Read 22013 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2006, 01:38:53 PM »
first of all very big thanks to Talon and the effort he is putting for GS 2 good job mate!!
Second of all he says he will be releasing it with nwn2 but how can he release it at the same time when it is coming out, doesn't he need nwn2 to make GS 2 first??
[snapback]31077[/snapback]

Nonsense! It uses the same script system as NWN1 to make it easier for builders, so he just has to import all the scripts from GS1 with a few minor tweaks then create the areas and items to go with the scripts. Sure, there will probably some balance tweaking in place, but we expect that already. Trust me, it probably won't take long to import the scripts and create the items and areas and hopefully not Belog.

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2006, 03:55:25 PM »
Sure, there will probably some balance tweaking in place, but we expect that already.
[snapback]31078[/snapback]
Read "some" as "alot" it's going to be a lot like those first days of GodSpire where everything needed to be tested to see how the Aurora engine handled various D&D rules.

I suspect the first couple months is going to be a lot of play-balancing considering we are dealing with new base classes and a max level of 20 with the potential of multiclassing 4 different classes.

Luckily the level 20 limit will probably mean there won't need to be any AB/AC limits since we won't have access to epic enhancements (just the good old balanced +1 - +5).

Offline Cobra

• MSN Messenger - pizza_boy_11@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2006, 04:10:34 PM »
There is an NWN2 Beta Toolset. He must got that. Plus scripting is the main thing and you can transfer that over to. So it's possible i guesse.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2006, 06:49:22 PM »
Well he claim he made GS in 5 hours.  So won't take him too long to make GS2.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2006, 05:09:28 AM »
Considering the toolset feels much like NWN1 I doubt it will take much longer to create the first blank slate GS2

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2006, 12:25:23 PM »
Yea, the toolset is alot better now. I like it alot. Just sucks for PW's with the walkmesh and everything having to be d/led. Ugh cant believe I spent my money before getting the game...cant get it until Wednesday...
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 01:53:45 PM »
Ahh, nothing like a new game to get you bastards to post more. WOOHOO! ^^

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2006, 04:10:52 PM »
bastards to post more, oh that must be me =P
well im going to get NWN2 in a few days so ill be ready once GS2 comes out and ill see you guys there, but ill popin every once in awhile and post somthing lol.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2006, 03:50:07 AM »
Now then, enough of reminiscing from HeLL, and more talking about what's new and looking brighter as the new time of Godspire2 draws near. Speaking of which, what's the status on GS2? And following that, what is the status on Godspire.com?
[snapback]32407[/snapback]

Only Talon knows the answers to those questions.  Last I spoke with him, 2-3 months ago, he did mention that he would be building GS for NWN2.  However it remains to be seen whether his initial impressions of NWN2 will be good enough for him to actually do it.  If he doesn't like the actual game or toolset then I'm not sure if he'll do it or not.  I'll watch out for him and make a point to ask him about it.  Though I suspect he checks these forums more often than I see him online, so Talon whats up?? Nooo pressure dude! :P

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2006, 03:54:18 AM »
Yeah, that's as far as I knew too. I just figured someone else may have the skinny on the situation and know alot more than the rest of us. The site exists, and the plan remains, but no word on either huh? I'm intending on making my presence known in GS once again in the future, just not for awhile, so it's still nice to know what's going down. ^^

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2006, 01:29:39 PM »
As with our old server, our NWN2 server The Tavern of Doors will have an arena. The filters won't be as complex or restrictive as GS of course, but it will provide a place for everyone to get their frustrations out on their fellow online players.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2006, 03:34:22 PM »
I'll have my mod up as soon as I can figure out how to get Lamespy to show it, lol...it has the level 20 filter from nwn1 and a leveler, but that's about it, heh

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2006, 05:29:13 PM »
I'll have my mod up as soon as I can figure out how to get Lamespy to show it, lol...it has the level 20 filter from nwn1 and a leveler, but that's about it, heh
-Elessar
[snapback]32436[/snapback]
How does the leveler compensate for the ECL of subraces?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2006, 08:08:57 PM »
How does the leveler compensate for the ECL of subraces?

[snapback]32454[/snapback]
i still have to check how it ECL works, but for now its a basic leveler, although when I was leveling earlier it didn't seem able to lower my levels for some reason, i'll have to check it out

-Elessar

EDIT: ECL works how its supposed to, at level 19 a tiefling has as much xp as a human would at level 20. I suppose for now I'll leave it at that, and we can see if there's much difference when they would hit level 20. I suspect between a Teifling and a Human for instance wouldn't make much of a difference, but it could make a huge difference between say a svirf and a human..we'll see

-Elessar

EDIT: I took the server down until Obsidian stops screwing and gets out the fixed 1.02patch with a way for me to actually update teh server....

-Elessar
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 04:11:01 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2006, 02:11:39 PM »
Matt says:
GS will be released when NWN2 is playable
Matt says:
at the moment NWN2 sucks

[snapback]32462[/snapback]

You heard it here first!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 02:50:02 PM by Mo »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2006, 11:03:06 PM »
And he's correct
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2006, 12:14:23 AM »
Bah things are smoothing out everyday. It is just quirky atm, things are great. Just have to get used to things. Hopefully GodSpire will return ASAP! We need the halls. :D
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2006, 07:00:28 AM »
Cannixx official WTF?! list that need to be fixed in order for a good pvp server to be viable:

-PWC files download. WTF get them streamed on join

-Monk AC bug the return. WTF get it out

-Broken hotkeys. WTF get it fixed

-Toolset and item level value problems. WTF lets get it back upto at least nwn standards

-Ranger + monk APR bug v2 WTF get it outer here 10/11 apr in level 20 dueling with 55+ ac and 30+ sr is not cool.

-Lack of emotes etc. WTF no one wil want to play online if they cant spam laugh and run at the same time.

-Last but not least, WTF need more players. well cant really fix that but hopefully if things like the above get sorted then the online community will flourish, all though that looks unlikely. The stats speaks for themselves http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

now to email this to obsidian.....

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2006, 11:55:51 AM »
WTF lets get it back upto at least nwn standards

[snapback]33124[/snapback]
I think that says it all.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2006, 02:24:34 AM »
I hope Matts having more luck than me, I barely have had the time to fuck around in the tool set let alone anything else. Everytime I open the thing theres something else that gets in the way, I wish it was the same tool set with added functionality but its getting more different as I use it.

Thaught it was much the same to begin with, meh maybe some time soon i'll get one of my overwealming urges to create something and finnish it off.

420, if you wanna mess around with it and send me your creations that might help a bit, or if anyone else has created any content for GS, whatever. I pretty much have all the areas made but there not pollished. There basicly a mesh without a texture if you will.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2006, 11:53:37 AM »
420, if you wanna mess around with it and send me your creations that might help a bit, or if anyone else has created any content for GS, whatever. I pretty much have all the areas made but there not pollished. There basicly a mesh without a texture if you will.
[snapback]33142[/snapback]
Not sure what's needed other than a dual manager. Since the .pwc only needs to be updated when you change the walkmesh, if all the areas are done you may as well put it up and add polish as time goes on (that's what I'm doing with my server at least).

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
GodSpire 2 by Talon
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2006, 01:06:47 AM »
Well I already made the dual manager sentinel runes guardian runes and some clan related items. I'll see how I go, havent been playing any games at all of late.