Author Topic: The player "Vomeron"  (Read 73442 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2006, 01:26:52 PM »
Had another run in with Vomeron, and it seems to me he is difinitely on Pacific time, I think he is comming on before and after school/work. I went up around 9:30am and he was there spouting his gibberish about being on GodSpire "to set thing righ again" and casting his 2000 point Horrid Wilting.

New facts:

-He is wearing a cloak that should not be getting past the GodSpire filter, I have exported a copy of the cloak for Mo's analysis.

-After a lot of humiliation on the Newbie Plateau in front of all the other players he got mad enough to show that he can just start booting players by targeting them and doing an activate item type of animation.

-He does have the ability to toggle invulnerability in-game now. It can still be disabled bythe DM though.

At one point the catapult stopped being able to kill him but I suspect this may have just been a glitch related to spam killing by the catapult/players/beholders combined with the constant jumping/area transitions. I'll review that ancient code and see if I can't polish it up a bit.

Name: Vomeron
Account: vomeron
CD Key: FTR7LAPK
IP: 192.168.0.22

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2006, 02:55:19 PM »
actually my post was not directed at yours in anyway. more to do with the sentinels that thought they could fool him and join up with him. i can just imagine it, "hey dude whats those big yellow lights aroud your char." "Oh nothing."
[snapback]27354[/snapback]
Apparantly you weren't there yesterday, it wasn't us trying to join him, it was him asking us to do so. From before he wanted to build an army. He seems to have taken the bait quite well actually. In addition, you shouldn't leap so quickly. I actually had a plan. Which was, joining him because GodSpire was going to remove me as a sent, and then have somebody do just that, remove me. Then I could pretend I hated GodSpire because they committed 'wrongdoings' against me and removed my sentship. From there I would be gathering info and relaying it to 420. But, while I was reading something he appeared, and I didn't know. He wanted one of us 'yellows' to join him, viper said so, when I noticed his presence I jumped on it and said I would too. He decided to make Viper his apprentice from there, basically making making my plan unexecutable, and from here it is up to Viper to get what information he can.

Nice info 420. One question, can you remove the robe?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2006, 03:02:37 PM »
Name: Vomeron
Account: vomeron
CD Key: FTR7LAPK
IP: 192.168.0.22

[snapback]27355[/snapback]

Ok.  I'll ban the cdkey.  There's a slight problem with the IP, That's a local LAN IP not an internet IP. So either he's playing from my house or he hacked into my wireless network lol.  I doubt either one, that must be some kind of bug.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 03:02:59 PM by Mo »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2006, 03:06:51 PM »
Ok.  I'll ban the cdkey.  There's a slight problem with the IP, That's a local LAN IP not an internet IP. So either he's playing from my house or he hacked into my wireless network lol.  I doubt either one, that must be some kind of bug.
[snapback]27357[/snapback]
Wasn't there some sort of bug Viper revealed to you somtime back, when we had Warf-12 problems? Where someone could use a gamespy bug to sort of log onto anothers account, maybe has something to do with that? *shrugs* I'm going to do some snooping around the net and see if I can find any 'hacks' 'bugs' and the like that he may be using.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2006, 03:13:44 PM »
Wasn't there some sort of bug Viper revealed to you somtime back, when we had Warf-12 problems? Where someone could use a gamespy bug to sort of log onto anothers account, maybe has something to do with that? *shrugs* I'm going to do some snooping around the net and see if I can find any 'hacks' 'bugs' and the like that he may be using.
[snapback]27358[/snapback]

Ya you can log on with someone else account name.  If gamespy was down.  Something like that.

Offline Frank10LR

• MSN Messenger - fralapla@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - frank10lr@yahoo.it
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hackweb.altervista.org
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2006, 03:42:52 PM »
Ok.  I'll ban the cdkey.  There's a slight problem with the IP, That's a local LAN IP not an internet IP. So either he's playing from my house or he hacked into my wireless network lol.  I doubt either one, that must be some kind of bug.
[snapback]27357[/snapback]

The power of that bastard is huge :angry: , damn, last time i've seen that someone is hiding his ip, using a LAN ip, was in my private WOW server (sometimes still active xfr.no-ip.org, but wow suck), someone got connected in remote to my wireless network, maybe using DOS/Denial attack, and then he could connect to the server using an internal ip by my wireless network, he could use some resources of my pc... I hope that the situation here is not so problematic... only thing i did, i found his ip looking at my wireless network logs, and contacting the isp.
"If I talk to God I'm religious, if God talks to me I'm crazy"[/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']Ψ ~~~ ₣!gђÃƒÂ¢? !πg 4 Pâ?¬аÃ?©ξ Ỉâ? '$ Ł!κΣ ₣υÃ?©k!πg 4 ٧!Ã?®g!π!â? Ã?Â¥ ~~~ Ψ

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2006, 05:00:55 PM »
Argh! I haven't been able to find anything on the net, my only suspicians is that most of what he does is 2da related. For those of you who have no idea what those are, or what they do, here:
http://ccg.dladventures.com/index.php/2DA

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2006, 06:39:34 PM »
Nice info 420. One question, can you remove the robe?
[snapback]27356[/snapback]

Yes I was able to remove his robe by first dragging it from his chest slot into his inventory then from his inventory to mine. Which just goes to show he doesn't know enough about scripting to make his items undroppable. (Which is what I do if I want to go onto a hostile server like CM)

The robe itself simply has 100% damage and misc immunities as well as a bunch of other mods that GodSpire should have filtered out. I exported a version of my char with the robe so I got a copy of it.

As a result of my testing I have come up with a few ways to render this particular troublemaker completely harmless. If he figures out ways around his ban I will discuss them privately with Mo.

Offline ViperDE2004

• MSN Messenger - noneofyourfreakinbuisiness@F-U
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2006, 07:50:22 PM »
I got some info on this guy.  First off, he uses a 3rd party program that can hack the server scripts.  I said if i could have a copy, but he said no cause he dosent trust me yet.  He said he would remotely use the 3rd party to make me uber.  And by the way, he stole the mod..... thats all i got right now il keep ya posted.
Viper, Leader of {Legions of Sages} -(LoS)-

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2006, 08:26:19 PM »
Yes but in the past we have refrained from adding any really obnoxious code (well except the "disco"). I have suggested various methods for dealing with griefers but they all boil down to Sents having a "ban-like" ability.

For instance, it would be a simple thing to tag a player so that every time they logged in they were put in cut-scene mode. However, this would be no different than a DM banning the player and even worse, it would be more like a permanent ban than a timed ban like GodSpire custom ban system.

Even sending someone to the Farm can be like a permanent ban if you don't release them. What it really comes down to is, do we allow a couple griefers to turn GodSpire into a paranoid community of vigilanties? The level of the powers the Sents/DMs wield has been carefully considered and for now I think one jerk isn't enough reason to change anything.

[snapback]27352[/snapback]

Point taken, but he could still be mistaken for a massivly abusive DM and deter people from going to GodSpire.

I was not asking for a ban tool, I was asking for a tool that could nullify his invincibility (like you said DMs could to in an earler post) and allow us to be able to use our runes.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 08:26:35 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 08:32:33 PM »
I was not asking for a ban tool, I was asking for a tool that could nullify his invincibility (like you said DMs could to in an earler post) and allow us to be able to use our runes.
[snapback]27367[/snapback]

Now that could work. I'll desgin a few things and see what Mo thinks.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 08:39:56 PM »
I got some info on this guy.  First off, he uses a 3rd party program that can hack the server scripts.  I said if i could have a copy, but he said no cause he dosent trust me yet.  He said he would remotely use the 3rd party to make me uber.  And by the way, he stole the mod..... thats all i got right now il keep ya posted.
[snapback]27366[/snapback]
Now how the f*** did he steal the mod? wtf...

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 08:48:01 PM »
Now how the f*** did he steal the mod? wtf...
[snapback]27369[/snapback]
He is bullshiting.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 10:18:36 PM »
it could be possible since hes going off of mo's ip he could get the whole GodSpire package, also his program might let him do that, but no way to know till we get the name of it or the website that provides it to look into this program.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 11:38:48 PM »
He can't answer my questions. He talks about fixing the server, but is unable to answer what he's trying to fix, whether working around the question or avoiding it. He appears insecure, with some of the way he speaks, and he can't stand having people be close to his char. He also acts as though he knows the server, yet doesn't appear to know shit. My relations with him have been taken to an info/info basis, he knows I have info I can give him, and he seems to be beginning to realize he won't get much unless he gives back. I am careful not to say the wrong things or give him info he shouldn't know. I also torment him verbally... but that's because that's how I am =P Like I said, I'll see what info I can obtain from him, I want his intentions, purpose, and plan, while viper tries to get what he is doing and how he's doing it.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2006, 10:43:29 AM »
If anyone really cares, you can get rid of your sent lights by using a potion of Uber Dueling. They come back when you lose a duel or use your rune.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2006, 01:56:02 PM »
Viper has betrayed us!  He is now GodSpire enemy #1
He works for Vomeron now. Be careful

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2006, 03:31:48 PM »
Okay, I would have given an oppinion on this earlier, but it's hard to get on the computer for enough time, so here's my take on this guy. (Finally.)

I think Vomeron is likely in his teenage years.  It has been my experience that adults online act differently than you describe. He has a relatively short attention span for a griefer, as demonstrated by 420.  A real pro griefer would likely spend much more than 45 minutes attempting to get out of that death cycle.  I think that it is also a strong possibility that he is using multiple third party programs at once to achieve his goal(s), whatever they may be.  He probably has a grudge against Godspire for something that happened to him in the past there or for some things that he has heard.  Possibly one of the more intelligent of the CM lot with grudges, although I'm pretty sure that includes only a select few who listens to Bug too much.

This guy has patterns and is severely limited in what he can do, or else he would branch  out in his tactics much more than he does.  As for the part of "knowing Godspire well" and not "knowing much about Godspire," that's simple.  By now, I think almost all of the regulars have been all around Godspire, even in the DM Lounge, and except the dungeon after a few levels.  Likely he was here before, like I said, but only for a little while, possibly only a few hours before getting into trouble... Then he definitely wouldn't "know much about Godspire" as has been noted.

What Frank said about hiding his IP, that's definite. And this could possibly be solved similarly.  Just keep on irritating him; God knows we can irritate him more than he can irritate us. And 420 will definitely figure something out to completely disable him as well as give us a few good laughs.

Well, Time to see for myself what trouble he is...be back with a first-hand oppinion soon!
Elessar

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2006, 04:26:45 PM »
It appears we have a crasher on our hands too...literally.  Unless ofcourse that's also Vomeron, but Viper claims that it's not.

Some guy named Butcha says that "dm godspire act of war on ed" whatever the hell that means...In English I think it means some GodSpire dm is pickin on ED which he says is a nonlegit clan....Cannixxx apparently knows who he is too.

Frankly right now I don't trust Viper period...And I'm not sure about Cannixxx...

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2006, 05:40:45 PM »
Some guy named Butcha says that "dm godspire act of war on ed" whatever the hell that means...In English I think it means some GodSpire dm is pickin on ED which he says is a nonlegit clan....Cannixxx apparently knows who he is too.
[snapback]27378[/snapback]

I talked to Cannixxxx about this earlier, apparently __DRAGUN__ (name: Black Diablo) is part of an ueber deuling clan with the tags -=E.D.=- He is better known as "Butcha". He is German and his English almost non-existant.

Ser Red Ronnet Connington was apparently also part of this ueber dueling clan under the name "Lomotheith". At some point he left and created a legit dueling clan with the exact same name/tags. He has been hanging out on GodSpire and Butcha is under the impression that GosSpire is somehow supporting this clan.

I tried to explain to Butcha that I would kick Ser Red for having someone elses clan tags but apparently it wasn't enough for him.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2006, 05:41:14 PM »
It appears we have a crasher on our hands too...literally.  Unless ofcourse that's also Vomeron, but Viper claims that it's not.

Frankly right now I don't trust Viper period...And I'm not sure about Cannixxx...
-Elessar
[snapback]27378[/snapback]

Yes this is a seperate incident.
He says he's from Germany.  Though he seems to be using a proxy IP from the US.  Anyway I've banned the 2 subnets he has used to access GodSpire.  I don't like people who crash my server.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2006, 06:09:32 PM »
Yes this is a seperate incident.
He says he's from Germany.  Though he seems to be using a proxy IP from the US.  Anyway I've banned the 2 subnets he has used to access GodSpire.  I don't like people who crash my server.
[snapback]27380[/snapback]
pwnerized

Viper has betrayed us! He is now GodSpire enemy #1
He works for Vomeron now. Be careful
Have you banned him yet?

He is also still on the Marauders clan list

I found out the hard way you cant stone Viper or Vormeron
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 06:16:30 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2006, 10:36:45 PM »
Yes, 'the butcha' and Vomeron are seperate. The whole story, which I accidently helped to uncover can easily be told by Ser Red. He is not really the Butcha. The Butcha is someone different __DRAGUN__ or Sol--- whatever... likes to pretend that he is from Germany, says he was in this past ED uber clan when he wasn't, and claims to be the Butcha, when the Butcha is someone else. Because he downloaded a character like that. He does port bombs and stuff, so you'll have to block him with your firewall, Ser Red can help you in getting the needed things done. The other day after he spammed emotes and wouldn't stop, I froze him, he leaves... Ser Red says he would probably crash the server, sure enough, not a minute later, server crashes. He says that this guy caused problems on Ante server too, and they were able to stop him with banning and stopping him from port bombing through Gwyds firewall.

Part of the above I found out because I made a visit to the Atomic Chicken. After searching to see if anyone knew anything about some hackers and such and such lately, all I could gather was that someone there was somewhat friends with Warf-12, I learned about the butcha and this DRAGUN guy, and accidently brought a follower from AC to GodSpire. I mainly was telling them if they find anything to show up one day, one of the players, Spirit, wanted to see Godspire, he helped uncover some info about DRAGUN, and might stick around.

Vomeron... nothing new to say about him, I have found no information as of yet.
Viper is a traitor it seems. <_<

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2006, 02:53:45 PM »
Well, the struggle continues, Vomeron finally figured out how to get around the beholders anti-magic eye rays and his robe automatically reequips when you try to remove it.

However, he still has the attention span of a chinchilla and his main concern is spreading his nonsensical propaganda which is ultimately his greatest weaknesses.

Simply jumping him to DM whenever he tries to go into the Halls seems to work. Just keep him in any isolated area, the Farm is a bit to public for him I think.

He obviously has a temper and very little patience which means he is easily frustrated by minor irritations. Don't show yourself or speak to him, it really drives him nuts!

He has figured out a way to boot people by going down the list eventually booting the DM and he plans on making a boot all DMs spell to deal with his most recent frustration.

More later,

EDIT: Day-after St. Patricks makes me an even worse speller than usual.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 03:39:30 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2006, 03:31:48 PM »
He obviously has a temper and very little patients which means he is easily frustrated by minor irritations. Don't show yourself or speak to him, it really drives him nuts!
[snapback]27390[/snapback]
*Patience

I purposely do that just to piss him off. He's never booted me, although Viper has, and I didn't say a word to Viper. Irony?

Good info 420.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2006, 04:57:17 PM »
and very little patients which means
[snapback]27390[/snapback]

...he's definitely not a doctor!

hahahah

Oh I kill me.  :lol2:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 04:59:18 PM by Mo »

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2006, 05:33:27 PM »
Well, I find using angelita to destroy his robe works fine :).
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Hubba

• MSN Messenger - roy_paprika@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2006, 07:36:01 PM »
Well, after a night out i decided to hop on Godspire to check what's going on there.. And geuss who also was there, Vomeron.

I hadn't read this topic yet, so i tried to boot him, wich ofcourse didn't work.. when i logged in as a DM, i tried to examine him whil being invisible, but for some reason he still had the ability to spam boot me... Now he also has this annoying effect around him wich makes a very annoying sound... He is really weird, asking players who would like to be his next "apprentice".. I will try to see what i can do, but for now i am really tired..

We have to figure out a way to get rid of this bastard once and for all!

Edit: Found out something not-so-funny: When i tried to warp him to the newbie plateau,  I got booted and the server went down.. Just to let you guys know...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 07:42:37 PM by Hubba Bubba »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2006, 07:47:08 PM »
What Hubba is talking about is Vomerons new little plaything. He calls it: "The anti-DM aura" It appears as a little flashy light around his head, and makes a strange little noise every few seconds. He was going to choose me to be his next apprentice, I lied and said I may not be around much, and that I have RL issues going on. Of course, when he sees me on alot, he'll notice me going afk alot, because I am faking. I will also tell him that I may be there, but things are hectic and I don't know how things are going to go, and that will remain my excuse not to join him.

I haven't seen or heard from Viper... perhaps he got what Vomerons apprentices REALLY get...

Offline Nemesis

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2006, 07:52:41 PM »
Well..........It seems our good old friend Vomeron has succeeded in the Dm boot hack. I have come to find out that Dms cant log in GodSpire in Dm Client while hes in GodSpire. I know ive tried  twice while he was there and I couldnt get in.  Ive already told Mo and hes speechless..I also pretty sure if were already in the server before he get there....Its possible that he can boot all of us "DMs" at once.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 07:55:00 PM by Nemesis »