Author Topic: The player "Vomeron"  (Read 73395 times)

Offline Nemesis

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« on: March 11, 2006, 06:02:28 PM »
This player came on last night named "Vomeron". This guy somehow got past all the GodSpire filters and was beyond uber. What I mean by that is...sent/guardian/Dm tools had no effect on him. I couldnt boot or ban him. So Id advise all sents/Dms to be in the look out for this uber hacker. If any of u see him u can reach me at..www.derrick_834@hotmail.com.... also my x-fire name is.. MastaNemesis..Ty and let keep GodSpire alive.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 06:03:50 PM »
Perma ban the dumbass.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 11:53:14 PM »
I already made an attempt at notifying Mo via PM, and Mercy, who I don't think is available through an IM. Either way, Vomeron is on right now. And nothing works at removing him, stoning him, etc.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 12:19:08 AM »
Sorry guys.  I work crazy hours now.  So I won't be able to get online until i buy a new vid card for my office PC.  Which I will soon!  

Ummm...how can nothing work on this guy? I can't really get much info about him because for some reason my db broke...i gotta fix that first before I can get his IP or what not.

What exactly does he do while he's online?

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 12:30:16 AM »
Cant Do
-Cant boot
-Cant ban
-Cant Daze
-Cant Stone
-Cant kill as a player (Pretty sure)
-Cant send him to the farm with the dm tool

Can Do
-Heal/Kill Spam
-Acid arrow him to the sky
-Power World Kill him to stone (Doesent work anymore)
-Jump him places (But he uses something to teleport out)

Also got a hacked robe you cant take off...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 12:32:13 AM by bus driver »

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 12:30:53 AM »
Edit: Randoms/cheats and talks it up
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 12:34:28 AM by bus driver »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 12:49:05 AM »
He acts as though he just wants to be friends, and is strange like that. I know a true identity lies behind this cover of his. He isn't new to us, I am sure of it. I asked him many times who he really was, eventually when I got an answer it was along the lines of "Sorry, I wasn't answering. The DM's are hasling me." Or something like that. Before he said in general, "Can't we all just be friends. It's easy."

I think there is a chance it may be the old warf, or slayerduck. Remember slayerduck claimed to have multiple cd keys. And he seems to act all kind and nice as though nothing he does is wrong, like slayerduck once did. I don't think it's warf though. He could also be some old "enemy" if you know what I mean. CM did recently come back with a reunion server. Whether or not it's back down now, I am unsure.

He appears to be like a DM, but logged on as a Player. He can disappear and appear as a DM can, unless of course he has HIPS, and high hide. Still yet, he seems to be real fast, and he is a lvl 40 sorceror. He also, according to Bus, summons some type of horror, much like the one we all know, with the invisible body and red weapons with wings, except he does it with a spell.

Nonetheless, DM's bothering him and players randoming him constantly appears to annoy him. Beyond that I know not more what to say, I'll continue to watch what he does as best I can.

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 04:36:13 AM »
have you guys try using the traditional kick ban via playerlist rather than the scripted angel one?

Offline Frank10LR

• MSN Messenger - fralapla@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - frank10lr@yahoo.it
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hackweb.altervista.org
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 11:32:09 AM »
I've seen this f***y person in ardemor before, same problems... i'm trying to find the admin that solved this problem...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:32:21 AM by Frank10LR »
"If I talk to God I'm religious, if God talks to me I'm crazy"[/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']Ψ ~~~ ₣!gђÃƒÂ¢? !πg 4 Pâ?¬аÃ?©ξ Ỉâ? '$ Ł!κΣ ₣υÃ?©k!πg 4 ٧!Ã?®g!π!â? Ã?Â¥ ~~~ Ψ

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 12:22:59 PM »
Does anyone have any screenshots of him?

Offline Frank10LR

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 01:31:03 PM »
MO here the screenshot... look, he made me to have all status... and i think he was logged in as MentorXX, he could control me, and then i was booted or something like a boot...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 01:35:43 PM by Frank10LR »

[span style=\'color:green\']Ψ ~~~ ₣!gђÃƒÂ¢? !πg 4 Pâ?¬аÃ?©ξ Ỉâ? '$ Ł!κΣ ₣υÃ?©k!πg 4 ٧!Ã?®g!π!â? Ã?Â¥ ~~~ Ψ

Offline ViperDE2004

• MSN Messenger - noneofyourfreakinbuisiness@F-U
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 07:14:24 PM »
hahaha this guy is l33t.  I used my sent stone on him, it healed em.  I dunno about this but my guess is this person knows the server very well, and that he somehow programed everything to **** up.  Seems to me like a very FAT kid.
Viper, Leader of {Legions of Sages} -(LoS)-

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2006, 07:57:18 PM »
hahaha this guy is l33t.  I used my sent stone on him, it healed em.  I dunno about this but my guess is this person knows the server very well, and that he somehow programed everything to **** up.  Seems to me like a very FAT kid.
[snapback]27306[/snapback]
And ugly, lives with his parents in their basement, isn't really a kid, but rather 32, and has no friends, partner, job, or life to claim as his. I know I missed some things but hey, it's cool.

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 12:46:51 AM »
well nem suggested that it could be a very old DM, hence the knowing of the server very well; eventhough the server has changed over time.

Offline Nemesis

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 03:32:03 AM »
MAN WTF!!!!!!HE CAN BOOT NOW.....HE BOOTED ME IN DM MODE.....grrrr then he said hes gonna make a army like him and take over the server......

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2006, 03:37:50 AM »
have you guys try using the traditional kick ban via playerlist rather than the scripted angel one?
[snapback]27279[/snapback]

Offline Frank10LR

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2006, 08:23:28 AM »
I think that traditional kick or ban won't work, i remember about Ar, didn't work with this kind of bas*********.  :angry:

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 11:11:49 AM »
You cant ban via playerlist unless you are the admin, and hosting it from your comp. But I banned him earlier, I guess he changed names. But once the DB is up I will ban him :).
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2006, 12:19:01 PM »
He came on last night, Throbble and Mercy and a few others were on. I was off playing D2 with Cuchulann. He was trying to "recruit" players, offering togive them the same hacking abilities he has. I suggest someone take him up on the offer if only to find out what 3rd party program he is using. That way we can report the whole thing to Bioware and they can fix it.

Anyway, Mercy was able to name-ban him last night, then GodSpire mysteriously rebooted a couple times shortly thereafter. His name and account were the same "Vomeron" but as Mercy suggested, it's easily changed.

I'll continue to monitor the situation, he doesn't seem to know who the DMs are so maybe I'll just let him recruit my into his army.

Make sure to post any new information on this freak.

Offline Nemesis

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2006, 01:58:32 PM »
He didnt change names hes still Vomeron....So i guess he found a way around the name ban...=\

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 02:36:20 PM »
He came on last night, Throbble and Mercy and a few others were on. I was off playing D2 with Cuchulann. He was trying to "recruit" players, offering togive them the same hacking abilities he has. I suggest someone take him up on the offer if only to find out what 3rd party program he is using. That way we can report the whole thing to Bioware and they can fix it.
[snapback]27331[/snapback]
Despite some of the obvious risks involved in such an act, I may take you up on that. Nonetheless, we cannot assume he hasn't been coming here, to the forums, and reading the whole thing. Last I checked, a guest can read everything, and even post. There's a chance he knows about this site, if so, and we attempt this, it's already been thwarted.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 02:48:54 PM »
He didnt change names hes still Vomeron....So i guess he found a way around the name ban...=\
[snapback]27333[/snapback]

Well, the way around the name ban is simply to make GodSpire crash and reload. The default ban system for NWN only works until the server reloads. Thats why Bug Fixx can never get rid of anyone, he doesn't know enough scripting to make a custom ban system.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 11:42:29 PM »
Alright I just had a good 45 minutes to study our friend Vomeron (before he got bored of the Newbie Farm) and I have discovered some interesting things.

First off, he is an obvious amature griefer, it started with him using an on-hit confuse effect on Lord Ders and me causing us to attack each other then he cast a 2,000 point Horrid Wilting on us.

At this point I logged into the DM client. I jumped him to the farm and kept him there under constant catapult barrage, timing it so he couldn't cast his teleport or area jump spells. I also tested various custom boss creatures on him to see what my scripted effects did.

He comes onto the server with invulnerability on (plot flag = TRUE) but once this has been toggled off by a DM he must relog in order to set it again. I believe certain sent/dm tool effects will remove this invulnerability as well as the catapult in the Farm.

Once the invulnerability is off, most everything will work on him like the petrifying gaze of the Elder Orb of the Great Mother for instance:

These two screen shots show Vomeron petrifed on the Newbie Plateau and his reaction. Can anyone answer the poor newbie's question?
[attachmentid=659][attachmentid=660]

This next picture shows that he hasn't quite given up yet (this is after about 30 minutes of constant death-by-kobold catapult).
[attachmentid=661]

After about 45 minutes (7:30pm - 8:15pm PST) of demanding that I show myself he finally gave up and left. Wuss, I was prepared to go all night!

Anyway, I suspect he'll be back again with a new half-assed approach to disrupting GodSpire.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 11:45:41 PM by 420 »

Offline ViperDE2004

• MSN Messenger - noneofyourfreakinbuisiness@F-U
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 12:02:17 AM »
Just lettin everybody know that i quit my sentship, and Vomeron just recruited me.  I hope i can find out what hes fukin doin to hack this server.  Im gonna learn how he did this stuff, and il post back to you guys with the info.

-Viper
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 03:14:55 AM by Mo »
Viper, Leader of {Legions of Sages} -(LoS)-

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 12:52:04 AM »
I also was going to allow him to 'add' me to his army. Although I am uncertain as to whether or not he accepted me. He decided that Viper should become his apprentice, so it looks as though he'll do the recon here. I'll just kick back and continue to torment him with my strange ways, awkwardly random comments, and horrible spam through tell. I'll also try different things on him to see what the effects etc. are.

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 10:16:34 AM »
my 2 cents: this guy obviously isnt an idiot, which is what hes being taken for by some of you. i think we have quite a smart guy who obviously knows what hes doing, with a big grin on his face.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 12:21:39 PM »
my 2 cents: this guy obviously isnt an idiot, which is what hes being taken for by some of you. i think we have quite a smart guy who obviously knows what hes doing, with a big grin on his face.
[snapback]27344[/snapback]

Actually Cannixxxx I believe I am the only one who has said anything close to this guy being an idiot. What I really said was that he is an amature griefer.

I don't know what you consider "obvious" but it looks to me that you either didn't read or you didn't understand my post.

If he wasn't an idiot he wouldn't have been completely stumped by scripts I wrote nearly 3 years ago. In fact, the evidence I posted and the tests I did on him show very clearly that he is not smart, he does not know what he is doing.

I have delt with actual hackers on GodSpire before, this guy is just using a 3rd party program that someone else made and he just downloaded it from some newbie Warez site.

Trust me, he didn't have "a big grin on his face" when he was demanding that I show myself after being spam-killed by the Kobold catapult for 30 minutes. He's just another 1337 HAXOR.

If he can't deal with my scripts from 3 years ago he certainly can't deal with anything I can script today.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 12:22:55 PM »
I obviously cant do anymore than Hell, but is there some script you can make to disrupt him that could possibly be given to the sents?
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 12:36:23 PM »
I obviously cant do anymore than Hell, but is there some script you can make to disrupt him that could possibly be given to the sents?
[snapback]27348[/snapback]

Yes but in the past we have refrained from adding any really obnoxious code (well except the "disco"). I have suggested various methods for dealing with griefers but they all boil down to Sents having a "ban-like" ability.

For instance, it would be a simple thing to tag a player so that every time they logged in they were put in cut-scene mode. However, this would be no different than a DM banning the player and even worse, it would be more like a permanent ban than a timed ban like GodSpire custom ban system.

Even sending someone to the Farm can be like a permanent ban if you don't release them. What it really comes down to is, do we allow a couple griefers to turn GodSpire into a paranoid community of vigilanties? The level of the powers the Sents/DMs wield has been carefully considered and for now I think one jerk isn't enough reason to change anything.

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
The player "Vomeron"
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2006, 12:40:01 PM »
Actually Cannixxxx I believe I am the only one who has said anything close to this guy being an idiot. What I really said was that he is an amature griefer.

I don't know what you consider "obvious" but it looks to me that you either didn't read or you didn't understand my post.

If he wasn't an idiot he wouldn't have been completely stumped by scripts I wrote nearly 3 years ago. In fact, the evidence I posted and the tests I did on him show very clearly that he is not smart, he does not know what he is doing.

I have delt with actual hackers on GodSpire before, this guy is just using a 3rd party program that someone else made and he just downloaded it from some newbie Warez site.

Trust me, he didn't have "a big grin on his face" when he was demanding that I show myself after being spam-killed by the Kobold catapult for 30 minutes. He's just another 1337 HAXOR.

If he can't deal with my scripts from 3 years ago he certainly can't deal with anything I can script today.

[snapback]27347[/snapback]

actually my post was not directed at yours in anyway. more to do with the sentinels that thought they could fool him and join up with him. i can just imagine it, "hey dude whats those big yellow lights aroud your char." "Oh nothing."