Guild Wars > Culann's Hounds

Post PvP Extreme Weekend Discussion

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mo:

--- Quote ---I can definitly substitute Meteor Shower for one of my other offensive fire skills now that the new balance has lowered it's cost. 16 fast cast should be pretty close to instantly and it only costs me 2 mana with Elemental Attunment and Fire Attunement.

[snapback]27057[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Meteor Shower cost 25 base. i think you are thinking about Meteor.  Anyway I'm down whenever. I have a protection monk who can maintain some Life Bonds on players.

The only problem with Restore life is that once rez'ed you aren't full hp and can be killed rather quickly once you get up.  Though it's much better than Resurrection which brings you back with about 40 hp.  I've seen people cast that. They must really be noobs :P

Elessar Telrunya:
You've all pretty much covered the basics, but there are still some team build ideas that should be noted.

1.  Basic Spiker Team:
Nuker
Nuker
Nuker
Nuker
Energy Denial/Shutdown Mesmer OR Nuker
Protection Monk
Healer Monk
Healer Monk
This build usually works well if done right, but it requires atlease all the nukers on Teamspeak, but only one of them needs to actually speak(It's better if only one person does speak anyway.).
Each Nuker requires three main skills, what else is there(attunements, Echo, resurrects, heals, etc.) should mainly help the nuker. The three main skills would be refered to on Teamspeak as skills A, B, and C.
Skill A: 15 energy, fairly short recharge, high damage skill(ball lightning/fireball)(80-100 damage, with exception of the water nukers, but with them, we might want to either stay away from them, or make a special purpose for them.)
Skill B: 10 energy, longer recharge than Skill A, high damage for atleast more than one target(chain lightning/meteor)(80-100 damage, with exception of the water nukers, but with them, we might want to either stay away from them, or make a special purpose for them.)
Skill C: Follow up skill:: 5 Energy, Shortest Recharge, medium to high damage(Flare/lightning strike/stone daggers)(40-60 damage, a water nuker would be great for additional follow damage with skills like water trident)
Here is where taking targets is especially important or it doesn't work very well. Once the target is taken, the counter calls out "Skill A/B 3, 2, 1" in Teamspeak and one "1" all nukers cast either Skill A or Skill B depending upon which skill is called and immediately follows up with Skill C.
If a shutdown/energy denial mesmer is employed, he must deny the monks to keep them from casting spells to keep the damage on target low or to heal them.
All monks do their regular jobs.
This builds main weakness is a Smite Team. I'm not entirely sure how smite teams are put together though, but the build Throbble posted is either it or close to it.
~*~*~
Rigor Mortis/Tiger's Fury Team:
Axe Warrior/Ranger with Tiger's Fury
Necromancer with Rigor Mortis and other skills to mess with opposing team.
Shutdown/Energy Denial Mesmer
Healer Monk
Healer Monk
Healer Monk OR Prot Monk
This build does not require Teamspeak, but it's success depends on how well people follow targets.
When the target is called the Necromancer casts Rigor Mortis(Curses) on the target to make sure that the Warriors always hit and then proceeds to do whatever it does to bug them.
Axe Warriors all gang up on the target and use Tiger's Fury to increase attack speed without making them take more damage or decreasing their own damage output.
The Shutdown/Energy Denial Mesmer must deny the monks to keep them from casting spells to keep the damage on target low or to heal them.
All Monks do their regular jobs.
I'm not entirely sure if this build has a specific weakness, but the time I was in this build, it did fairly well. : )
~*~*~
Thats all I can think of that's worth mentioning really... A Mesmer team that uses Illusionary Weaponry would probably wreak havoc, especially because the mesmer doesn't have to be part warrior.

-Elessar

Anheg:
The team I got to the Dark Chamber with consisted of:
2 KD/AS Warriors
2 E/Mo Smiters
1 Curse/Shutdown N/Me
1 Shutdown/Energy Drain Mesmer
1 Heal Monk
1 Protection Monk

Everysingle person had a res sig, exept the monks who used Resurection only if needed.

Mo:
Illusionary Weaponry is a very dangerous skill.  If emplyed by a Me/W, he can use it with Flurry to increase attack rate while hitting everytime for 30+ dmg...ouch

Fragility/Virulence Me/N are also very dangerous, That build can kill a single target faster than any other build I've seen.

However all thats needed is a Me/N with Hex and Enchantment removal skills and the above two builds become worthless.

Anheg:
a Mo/W is very powerful. I hit for 15-40 on warriors and 17-78 on casters, without skills.

Eviscerate
Axe Twist
Distrutive Chop
Bersekers Stance
Judges Insight
Strength of Honor
Shielding Hands
Ressurection Signet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page