Author Topic: Tips on Buying/Selling  (Read 6903 times)

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« on: August 17, 2005, 11:38:45 AM »
I'm unsure when it comes to trading (buying or selling) items from other players.  Can you guys leave some tips as to how to determine what price you should sell an item you possess to another player or decide how much to offer in exchange for another person's item?

For example, I've got a Gold Ebon Flatbow, Max damage 15-28 earth, Damage +14% while in a stance
How much do you think I should sell that for?
p.s. if anyone in the guild wants it, i'll give it to ya for free
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 11:39:13 AM by iceycool56 »
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 01:51:37 PM »
For example, I've got a Gold Ebon Flatbow, Max damage 15-28 earth, Damage +14% while in a stance
How much do you think I should sell that for?
p.s. if anyone in the guild wants it, i'll give it to ya for free
[snapback]26651[/snapback]

Well, I never sell any items because I have always found guild members who need them. I do sell runes that no one wants to rune vendors though.

As for that bow specifically, consider that I can trade "Intricate Grawl Necklaces" to a collector right outside Port Sledge for a 15-28 bow with +15% while enchanted. I suspect that there will eventually be collectors with +15% in stance in the furture so the bow itself probably isn't worth much. The earth damage upgrade may be worth something though.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 04:59:26 PM »
The big demand is for the dmg +x% while health above 50%
Anything with 15% or more can be sold for over 5k at least.
armor piercing attributes on weapons are also very sought after, and can range in prices up for 100k.  I've actually never seen a weapon drop with those attributes.

Fortitude of +30hp can go for some serious cash.  Just head to Lion's Arch and see what people are buying and selling.  Though I suspect that many of those to claim to have c/o (current offer) of 60k for some rather ordinary bow is pretty much full of shit and trying to find some sap to get himself ripped off.

as for your bow there, maybe 1-2k
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 05:00:00 PM by Mo »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 10:20:54 PM »
I am the market man. Post something and Ill tell you the average going price at Lions Arch.

+ 15% Damage Always and +15% (>50% Health) are huge sellers

Perfect Sundering and Furious upgrades can bring in some nice profits (40k-60k)

I recently sold a +29 health Sword Pommel for 36k. Beleive it not, that 1hp makes a 20-30k difference in the price.

Collector items tend to go for 2k-5k if they are good.

As for that bow. I would go to Lions Arch and price it at c/o 2k b/o 7k and see what you get.

If you salaved the bow, you would only get 500gp-1k for the Ebon String. Yet there is always taht chance you will get wood planks instead. EX I bought a Gold hammer with a 10% furious and +16% Tengu Slaying upgrades for 700gp. I figured it was worth the risk if I got the Furious upgrade. Yet I came out with 3 Iron ingots.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 05:53:17 PM »
Ebon Bowstring. ;-; BTW, anyone got a max damage (15-28) dmg longbow?

~Celestial
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 05:53:41 PM by Celestial1 »
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 07:39:43 AM »
It's not smart to buy bows, becouse from collector you can get Ascalon bow ( short, there is also Flatbow type ), max damage with +15% while HP > 50%. Not to mention that short is the best bow for most rangers. So only thing that you should get is upgrades. Nowadays Fort upgrade ( 30 ) can be bought for 40k and Sundering ( 10% chance ) for 50k, if you are tough businesman.

Of course ppl will say that some gold bow with +14% while HP >50% is better than this ascalon bow just becouse it's gold but its not true. So this bow is better or same as any gold one, actually it cant get better ( unless you find 15% constantly which is RARE ), so it's not worth to give 30+ gold for some gold when you can get best bow from collector.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 08:08:32 AM by RuNE »

Fat people are harder to kidnap.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 03:14:53 PM »
That Ascalon Bow (max, >50%)is what my Ranger uses. The collector is near Augry Rock and collects Topaz Crests ( I have no idea where to get them from)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 09:19:19 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 03:45:14 PM »
Topaz Crests ( I have no idea where to get them from)
[snapback]26781[/snapback]

Sand Drakes drop them.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 02:19:44 AM »
That Ascalon Bow (max, >50%)is what my Ranger uses. The collector is near Augry Rock and collects Topaz Crests ( I have no idea where to get them from)
[snapback]26781[/snapback]
There is another who gives the same bow in the same area, but for dessicated claws. He's just at the back of the ascencion temple/rock/valley/thingy and you can collect the claws from the hydras on the way to him.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 09:32:45 AM »
There is now a new fad in selling. People are now selling Unidentified (gold, yellow, orange, or whatever) items for anywhere from 20k-60k. I am just warning you not to buy because there is a something like a 85% chance you are going to get screwed over. Its a huge scam and I hope the "fad" is over in a short while.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 10:06:57 AM »
ya, last guy, some idiot wanted to sell an unided sup monk rune to me for 20k, none of them are worth that much, and he claimed it made no sense for him to id it, yeeesh, usually when people are buying, tehy're buying it for the character they're buying it on...

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 12:56:17 PM »
The "fad" was a viable strategy in Diablo 2 because "unique" (gold) items always had the same magical properties but with variable stats. The theory was you could get more for an unidentified unique item than you could for one with low stats.

I don't really see this working of Guild Wars once players realize just how bad the item their buying can be.

There are 3 collectors in the Southern Shiverpeaks that have max damage bows with the +15% while health is over 50% natural mod. They are all "Ascalon" bows, but in actuallity there are 3 different types, Short Bow, Long Bow and Recurve Bow.

Check out the S. Shiverpeaks collector locations here: Link

Check out the different Bow types here: Link

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tips on Buying/Selling
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 01:42:59 PM »
ya, last guy, some idiot wanted to sell an unided sup monk rune to me for 20k, none of them are worth that much, and he claimed it made no sense for him to id it, yeeesh, usually when people are buying, tehy're buying it for the character they're buying it on...
-Elessar
[snapback]26794[/snapback]

i don't think ppl will buy unidentified items for more then 5K let alone 20-60K they are well aware of unidentified items....newly players tough could get screwed.....
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f