Author Topic: Guild adventures into UW and Fissure  (Read 5865 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Guild adventures into UW and Fissure
« on: July 13, 2005, 08:25:58 AM »
Two very interesting areas to adventure to are the Underworld and Fissure of Woe.  The problem with these places is that they are exceedingly brutal and require a well put together party of 8 powerful level 20s.  You can always join a pickup patry at the Temple of the Ages, but I'd think it would be way more fun and profitable with an entire party of CH go into these areas.

CH isn't lacking in the tank department, but we do seem to be lacking in the primary monk department, something that is vital in these areas, I'd like to go down with no less than 3 monks, 3 tanks, 2 nukers.  Or perhaps 2 monks, 3 tanks, 2 nukers, 1 mesmer/necro.  What are your opinions?

also I'm thinking weekends are best to organize trips. Opinions?
I am also assuming that American CH can not go with  European CH.  I am correct?

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 10:14:25 AM »
ai...you mean we can't play there on the international servers.??? not that it matters i'm going on vacation this evening but there aren't international servers there?
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 12:18:17 PM »
also I'm thinking weekends are best to organize trips. Opinions?
I am also assuming that American CH can not go with  European CH.  I am correct?
[snapback]25456[/snapback]

Weekends sound good to me, I don't see why the international districts wouldn't work, unless it's because they can never get the favor of the gods  (d'oh! *smacks head*). That said, maybe weekends aren't the best since Korea seems to keep the favor the whole time.

Couple useful builds that I have played with the the Underworld were Smiting monks (holy damage devistates Underworld creatures), Trap assassins (blind and cripple) and Air Elementalists (Knockdown and Armor Penetration).

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 12:58:26 PM »
i think taarna and i could cover the healing portion, but 3 monks are helpful 2 healer monks can keep people fairly well alive, but itd be easier with one prot monk. our tanks with monk as secondary should try and equip smiting skills they can afford. note- equip judge's insight, and all attacks will do holy damage and have armor penetration for a short period of time- especially useful if you already deal a good amount of damage, for the UW only ofcourse.

i'm not really sure whoelse has monks though. something to think on, itd be a good idea to do though :)

-Elessar

Offline fireknight40

• MSN Messenger - fireknight40@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fireknight40
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - briortheforesaken
    • View Profile
    • http://members.dslextreme.com/users/fierynight3/Iceys%20Hints%20and%20Tips.htm
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 02:29:41 PM »
I'll cover one-third of the tank department. Or if someone else wants that department I can just attempt to level my ranger up some. Unfortuanately I deleted my monk a long time ago and my ranger will probably take a while.
Anyways as long as it's not during this upcoming 2 weekends I should be able to go.

Lord of Doriath[/span]
[span style=\'color:blue\']Sentinel of GodSpire[/color]

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 12:54:50 AM »
wouldn't a E/M with upgrades in ONLY energy storage and Healing be better in the LONG run?
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 01:18:25 AM »
wouldn't a E/M with upgrades in ONLY energy storage and Healing be better in the LONG run?
[snapback]25547[/snapback]

It would have to be a toss up...Divine Favor skills are very powerful.

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 04:34:01 AM »
for FoW and UW i like to use my necro with WoB and Blood is power(+6 mana regen for 10 sec, instant cast/recharge) i can keep monks and eles mana healed forever (as long as i get healed) + WoB for some "on the spot" heals. For dmg Vamp spells and Mark of pain is good for mele heavy groups.

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 07:31:22 AM »
[snapback]25547[/snapback]
It would have to be a toss up...Divine Favor skills are very powerful.
[snapback]25549[/snapback]

ya, my monks build uses several divine favor skills that are pretty good.(Signet of Devotion-heals around 80 at 13 healing i think/Divine Healing- heals all nearby allies for about 230 and 13 divine favor).... ofcourse an e/mo would be good if its energy was kept up, although it doesn't have as good a use of divine favor skill(same with fast cast me/mo's)

-Elessar