Neverwinter Nights > NwN Building

Resources for NWN Builders

<< < (2/5) > >>

420:

--- Quote ---im curious, talon are you a self taught scripter or did you take lessons some how? lol

-Lord Elessar
[snapback]7268[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

I would guess Talon learned NW Script the same way I did, I had previously learned common programming languages such as Visual C++ and I just looked at the existing scripts in the Official Campaign to learn the scripting format. Once you see how the scripting format should look, it's all a matter of double-clicking the functions/constants from the menu on the right in the scripting interface.

Elessar Telrunya:
ahh ok

Illutian:
*secretly think Talon and 420 are BioWare's scripters, or some super intelligent entity*
*gets down into the worship position*

420:

--- Quote ---*secretly think Talon and 420 are BioWare's scripters
[snapback]7637[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Jesus, don't insult us like that! Have you actually opened any of the official campaigns in the toolset and looked at Bioware's scripts!?!?!? They look like they were written by retarded children.

Bioware's employees don't even know how NW Script works! That's the main reason HotU doesn't support multiplayer, the scripting newbs at Bioware screwed up all the code, hell it barely works in single player.

Example: In a bunch of places they used "GetFirstPC" instead of "GetPCSpeaker" for dialog related scripts. (This will most likely make the script behave strangely when more than one PC is in the game.) Poor Bioware newbs, no wonder they are giving all their future projects to other game companies.

Illutian:
:blink: you can open the campaign in the Toolset....DAMN IT ALL  :angry2: and here i am trying to search out new scripts when i could just cut, paste, redo a campaign script.....*stomps off ranting and raving*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version