Author Topic: WALKTHROUGH! Guild Wars Guide.  (Read 12517 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
WALKTHROUGH! Guild Wars Guide.
« on: July 12, 2005, 02:04:39 PM »
SPOILER ALERT![/span][/span]

This is a quick guide to get through Guild Wars while doing the least amount of missions possible (I just hate them so much!) Remember to talk to anyone with a [span style=\'color:green\'][span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']![/span][/span] above their head to get all of the quests.

You can beat the game by only doing 10 missions and here's how:
[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']Ascalon[/span]
(map)
Start in Ascalon City
West then North to Piken Square
West then North to Grendich Courthouse
West then North to Yak's Bend

[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']North Shiverpeaks[/span] (map)
Start in Yak's Bend
North then West to Ice Tooth Caves
South to Beacon's Perch
West then South to Gates of Kryta

[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']Kryta[/span] (map)
Start in Gates of Kryta
West then South to Lion's Arch
North then West to Bergen Hot Springs
West to Temple of the Ages (Get a guild member to help with this one!)
West then South to Fisherman's Haven
South to Sanctum Cay [span style=\'color:red\']Do Mission![/span]

[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']Crystal Desert[/span] (map)
Start in Amnoon Oasis
East to Augury Rock
South to Dune's of Despair (From Augury Rock) [span style=\'color:red\']Do Mission![/span]
East to Thirsty River (From Augury Rock) [span style=\'color:red\']Do Mission![/span]
North to Elona Reach (From Augury Rock) [span style=\'color:red\']Do Mission![/span]
Return to Augury Rock [span style=\'color:red\']Do Mission![/span]
Augury Rock mission to Dragon's Lair [span style=\'color:red\']Do Mission![/span]

[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']Southern Shiverpeaks[/span] (map)
Start in Droknar's Forge
North to Copperhammer Mines
East to Iron Mines of Moladune
South to Marhan's Grotto
East to Thunderhead Keep [span style=\'color:red\']Do Mission![/span]

[span style=\'font-size:13pt;line-height:100%\']Ring of Fire[/span] (map)
Start in Ember Light Camp
North to Ring of Fire [span style=\'color:red\']Do Mission![/span]
Ring of Fire mission to Abaddon's Mouth [span style=\'color:red\']Do Mission![/size]
Abaddon's Mouth mission to Hell's Precipice [span style=\'color:red\']Do Mission![/color]

Hell's Precipice is the final mission congrats you beat the Guild Wars!

Important Links:
Interactive Map
420's Guide to the 15 attribute point quests.
420's Guide to Infusion.
420's Guide to Weapon Upgrades.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 05:26:38 PM by 420 »

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 02:26:29 PM »
East to Thunderhead Keep Do Mission!
[snapback]25430[/snapback]

not the thunderhead keep :(  i hate that place last today for the 11th time ffs it get's annoying you know

EDIT: Cut down the quote to a resonable size. -420
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 03:38:56 PM by 420 »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »
not the thunderhead keep :(  i hate that place last today for the 11th time ffs it get's annoying you know
[snapback]25432[/snapback]

Yeah that mission is a real pain, need to get into a group with no henchmen who know what they are doing. Make sure you got people working the catapults at the end it's a BIG help. Throbble, Taarna, Mo and I should all be at Thunderhead Keep soon so maybe we can all go together.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 04:24:24 PM »
Wait for me =( Im at the Ice Caves...only 2 missions behind you.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 09:50:16 PM »
Do you think you can cut out three whole areas of missions and still complete the game if you get a run from Yak's Bend to Droknar's Forge? Wow, that limits you to 4 missions if it works!

-Elessar

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 05:38:46 AM »
Personally I love the missions i find them the best at the GW it tells you the story why you guys hate the missions so much?
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 11:38:29 AM »
Personally I love the missions i find them the best at the GW it tells you the story why you guys hate the missions so much?
[snapback]27728[/snapback]
They are fairly repedative. Run in a circle, kill shity monsters, and get crap that you can sell for 29 gold each.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 02:33:30 PM »
[snapback]27728[/snapback]

The missions just don't fit the playing style of the rest of the game. In a mission, if your party dies you auto-fail the mission, fucking stupid. If some random suicidal NPC dies you fail the mission. If one person loses connection they are fucked because they can't rejoin the mission (and everyone else is fucked because they are one player short). Unlike the quests, the missions give you shit rewards. Failing game-critical missions (Thunderhead Keep) a dozen times is not fun and is probably the main reason I don't play GW any more.

Who the f*** cares about a game that you can't complete no matter how much time you spend on it? No one. Guild Wars has a problem where it thinks it's better than it is.

I'll post more reasons once I have woken up a bit more.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 02:34:11 PM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 06:25:18 PM »
If some random suicidal NPC dies you fail the mission.
[snapback]27739[/snapback]

For all you people who have no idea where he is coming from with this, 420 is refering to Prince Rurik.  Apparently his AI was horrible in around the November and December Beta Tests, but I wouldn't know because I didn't get the game untill the February Beta Test...

Adding to that list of suicidal NPCs whose death results in mission failure. Confessor Dorian.

-Elessar
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 07:57:18 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 02:11:27 AM »
The missions just don't fit the playing style of the rest of the game. In a mission, if your party dies you auto-fail the mission, fucking stupid. If some random suicidal NPC dies you fail the mission. If one person loses connection they are fucked because they can't rejoin the mission (and everyone else is fucked because they are one player short). Unlike the quests, the missions give you shit rewards. Failing game-critical missions (Thunderhead Keep) a dozen times is not fun and is probably the main reason I don't play GW any more.

Who the f*** cares about a game that you can't complete no matter how much time you spend on it? No one. Guild Wars has a problem where it thinks it's better than it is.

I'll post more reasons once I have woken up a bit more.

[snapback]27739[/snapback]

Well the AI of rurik is quite good i just recently made a new chr and got trough the ascalon missions pretty fast.
Thunderhead keep is the hardest mission of GW yes but if GW was easy ppl would still complain "omg this game is soooooooo easy" and shit like that, now when you have a challenge ppl even start a petition against thunderhead.... <_< I have done that mission a thousand times too all you need is a good party that knows what they are doing and it'll work.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 03:27:32 AM »
lol the missions are a joke and can probably all be beat with henchmen.  Thunderhead is simple *if* you play with competent players.  I've gone through it many times with a lot of you.  You want hard? What's up with that Galrath quest?? Talk about a laughably ridiculously hard quest.  Plus to add insult to injury, after we some how got through the army of impossible foes, Galrath wasnt even there lol.

So although I disagree that missions are difficult.  I do agree that they are not fun and basically are an annoyance.  Their re-play value is nil.  I've played NWN mods with 100x the replay value of GW.  The only thing GW has going for it, is beautiful graphics, simple interface and controls and decently paced action.  The pvp is decent.

I think the real key to a good pvp build, is 'less coordination'.  Forget about Teamspeak.  Everyone should make a pvp char and become an expert at it.  Put 8 of these players together, in a complimentary build and just let them loose.  If everyone does their job they should win.  No need to to call target or really speak at all, just watch the battlefield and react.

I rate pvp as follows from most fun to least fun:

1)4v4
2)8V8
3)GvG

12v12 would probably rate last when i try it lol
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 02:16:34 PM by Mo »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 06:46:48 AM »
I rate pvp as follows from most fun to least fun:

1)4v4
2)8V8
3)GvG

12v12 would probably rate last when i try it lol
[snapback]27768[/snapback]

Considering CH hasn't played GvG since the Beta Tests, there is hardly any basis for you to make a good decisions. Also, you're judgement on 8v8 is also barely supported, you've barely played it, and that time in september when CH tried to get a good team together, you admited to not having played it at all since the release. Don't assume 12v12 will be last until you've tried it, of course, you're not likely to bother attempting to try it even though it's still available to GW players for use...but that's just you, Mo, so eager to believe one thing that you're not open to the other possibilities...

-Elessar

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 09:09:43 AM »
I have to agree with Gin. I can do any of it and the only problem I have with GvG is how its more limited to the types of builds you an use compared to Heroes. I also think Teamspeak is a great tool for PvP builds and calling targets is a great function. Being able to tell people things without typing is a great asset and being able to call targets is great for spikes, even if it is only some sort of rainbow spike.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 09:10:52 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 12:58:40 PM »
I think the main problem is that games built for PvP just aren't fun.

What games are fun to PvP in? NWN and Diablo 2. Why? Because they aren't made for PvP.

Give me the team arena in NWN over GW any day. Balance is borning.

If I want fun PvP I'll got to GodSpire, if I want a fast paced RPG with infinite randomized weapon drops I'll go to Diablo 2.

I got all my Guild Wars chars to level 20, they beat the game, they got all the best weapons and all the skills. Next game, I finished this one!

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 01:31:50 PM »
I got all my Guild Wars chars to level 20, they beat the game, they got all the best weapons and all the skills. Next game, I finished this one!

[snapback]27775[/snapback]
Are you going to buy Factions?
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 01:39:09 PM »
Considering CH hasn't played GvG since the Beta Tests, there is hardly any basis for you to make a good decisions. Also, you're judgement on 8v8 is also barely supported, you've barely played it, and that time in september when CH tried to get a good team together, you admited to not having played it at all since the release. Don't assume 12v12 will be last until you've tried it, of course, you're not likely to bother attempting to try it even though it's still available to GW players for use...but that's just you, Mo, so eager to believe one thing that you're not open to the other possibilities...
-Elessar
[snapback]27771[/snapback]

I've played quite a bit of GvG.  Remember other guilds can invite you...right must have forgotten about that.  The more players you have on a team the less important  your individual actions are towards the ultimate outcome.  If you want to be rewarded for your individual skill then 4v4 is much more fun, your actions will greatly determine the outcome of the match.  How important were the actions of an individual in Napoleons army?  That's an exagerated example to illustrate my point.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 03:58:27 PM »
Are you going to buy Factions?
[snapback]27777[/snapback]

Eventually, probably, when the price goes down.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 04:23:43 PM »
LoL just got word my driving license exam will take place april the 28th just the day Factions go out if I don't pass my exam i'll be too depressed to buy it :(  On the otherhand that day rejoices me so maybe i'll pass it cuz i'll be happy factions is coming and I won't have any troube of being nervous :) ...
Guess only time will show... ;)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 05:29:05 PM »
Wow I must be bored. I fixed the three "420's Guide" links in the original post. Not that anyone would find any of this information relevant anymore.

EDIT: Hey almost a year to the day of the last post to this thread!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 05:29:38 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 06:13:17 PM »
Wow I must be bored. I fixed the three "420's Guide" links in the original post. Not that anyone would find any of this information relevant anymore.

EDIT: Hey almost a year to the day of the last post to this thread!
[snapback]34481[/snapback]

Well the map links don't work anymore.

In any event, the best source for GW info would be here:

gw wiki

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WALKTHROUGH! Guild Wars Guide.
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 04:35:24 PM »
but that's just you, Mo, so eager to believe one thing that you're not open to the other possibilities...
-Elessar

I really have to disagree with this.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WALKTHROUGH! Guild Wars Guide.
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 05:07:26 PM »
Elessar was always such a whiner. Weren't ya, Essy?
:D :D :D

Mo's trollin'