Guild Wars > Guild Wars General

WALKTHROUGH! Guild Wars Guide.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Razor Blade:
Personally I love the missions i find them the best at the GW it tells you the story why you guys hate the missions so much?

Anheg:

--- Quote ---Personally I love the missions i find them the best at the GW it tells you the story why you guys hate the missions so much?
[snapback]27728[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
They are fairly repedative. Run in a circle, kill shity monsters, and get crap that you can sell for 29 gold each.

420:

--- Quote ---Personally I love the missions i find them the best at the GW it tells you the story why you guys hate the missions so much?
[snapback]27728[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

The missions just don't fit the playing style of the rest of the game. In a mission, if your party dies you auto-fail the mission, fucking stupid. If some random suicidal NPC dies you fail the mission. If one person loses connection they are fucked because they can't rejoin the mission (and everyone else is fucked because they are one player short). Unlike the quests, the missions give you shit rewards. Failing game-critical missions (Thunderhead Keep) a dozen times is not fun and is probably the main reason I don't play GW any more.

Who the f*** cares about a game that you can't complete no matter how much time you spend on it? No one. Guild Wars has a problem where it thinks it's better than it is.

I'll post more reasons once I have woken up a bit more.

Elessar Telrunya:

--- Quote ---If some random suicidal NPC dies you fail the mission.
[snapback]27739[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

For all you people who have no idea where he is coming from with this, 420 is refering to Prince Rurik.  Apparently his AI was horrible in around the November and December Beta Tests, but I wouldn't know because I didn't get the game untill the February Beta Test...

Adding to that list of suicidal NPCs whose death results in mission failure. Confessor Dorian.

-Elessar

Razor Blade:

--- Quote ---The missions just don't fit the playing style of the rest of the game. In a mission, if your party dies you auto-fail the mission, fucking stupid. If some random suicidal NPC dies you fail the mission. If one person loses connection they are fucked because they can't rejoin the mission (and everyone else is fucked because they are one player short). Unlike the quests, the missions give you shit rewards. Failing game-critical missions (Thunderhead Keep) a dozen times is not fun and is probably the main reason I don't play GW any more.

Who the f*** cares about a game that you can't complete no matter how much time you spend on it? No one. Guild Wars has a problem where it thinks it's better than it is.

I'll post more reasons once I have woken up a bit more.

[snapback]27739[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Well the AI of rurik is quite good i just recently made a new chr and got trough the ascalon missions pretty fast.
Thunderhead keep is the hardest mission of GW yes but if GW was easy ppl would still complain "omg this game is soooooooo easy" and shit like that, now when you have a challenge ppl even start a petition against thunderhead.... <_< I have done that mission a thousand times too all you need is a good party that knows what they are doing and it'll work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version