Author Topic: Teamspeak  (Read 13198 times)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« on: June 14, 2005, 10:50:19 AM »
Okay, read before you jump to the reply button and say I'm ranting and have no point. I was in Tomb of the Primeval Kings earlier looking for a party, but everyone seems to want you to have teamspeak to play, which really bugged me cuz I don't have team speak. So, I went searching and on GuildwarsGuru.com and found this thread. I read on and at the bottom of the this post, the poster said:
NOTE!

Many times ppl who own TeamSpeaks will make you a Channel all your own for your guild for free. I will.

I have done it once b4. They just logged into the brothers of the jade TS and then they had a channel of their guilds name and you get channel admin rights for your guild there.

More rare is some just give out entire TS servers for free! visit the TS forums and you may get lucky.

If anyone needs a channel I have no issue with making your guild a channel in our server.

go here

So, do you think it might be worth asking him for a Guild Channel? I know I'm going to try and download the Teamspeak client, because I think we have a headset somewhere in our computer desk, but I'm not sure if it works... anyway that's not a problem because if it doesn't, I'll just buy a new one. :)

So oppinion? Actually I think I'll add a poll to this... just to see results. :)

-Elessar

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 11:16:13 AM »
TS is a good idear if we plan to take HoH or GvG. Any team that has a chance uses TS or Vent (Vent is the same sort of program just a bit better). Iv had offers from people iv pvped with for some server space but i didnt think anyone in CH would want to use it. But if you get the vote go for it Elessar it will be a big bost for pvp.

Ps:Welcom to the world of true MMO PvP  :lol:

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 11:50:51 AM »
TS is a good idear if we plan to take HoH or GvG. Any team that has a chance uses TS or Vent (Vent is the same sort of program just a bit better). Iv had offers from people iv pvped with for some server space but i didnt think anyone in CH would want to use it. But if you get the vote go for it Elessar it will be a big bost for pvp.

Ps:Welcom to the world of true MMO PvP  :lol:
[snapback]24397[/snapback]

hehe thanks for the support lance, my bro kicked me off the upstairs com so i can't try and dl the client and see if the mic we have works yet, but it is a really good idea, it makes it easier cuz we dont have to stop and type if we need help cuz thats even more dangerous and if we ping that could be anything, but with ts or vent itd be easy- just speak the word "assist" or "help" or "heal" only problem is.... i might have odd background music(ex. my sis playin piano, me doin a weird laugh, my brother's cd player)

also it'll make it easier to get into a team, i actually got kicked out of a team earlier because i didnt have teamspeak, which really ticked me off >.>

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 12:14:05 PM »
*Thinks about the cracking voice of the teen from the Simpsons and hits no no no!*

I'd just be laughing too hard with teamspeak. I would rather have some good quick-slot emotes like America's Army or even NWN.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 12:19:05 PM »
*Thinks about the cracking voice of the teen from the Simpsons and hits no no no!*

I'd just be laughing too hard with teamspeak. I would rather have some good quick-slot emotes like America's Army or even NWN.

[snapback]24406[/snapback]

my voice dun crack... well... not that much i mean ya quick slot emotes would be nice but thats just not able to be done atm... so i think that ts or vent would be helpful for the time being

-Elessar

EDIT: Also, anyone who votes, please post the reasoning behind your desicion.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 01:45:40 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 01:46:25 PM »
Team speak would be funny yes, if I just think about  420's jokes i don't think i'll be able to control myself. I am sure I am not the only one
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 01:46:48 PM by RuNE »

Fat people are harder to kidnap.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 01:47:22 PM »
Team speak would be funny yes, if I just think about  420's jokes i don't think i'll be able to control myself. I am sure I am not the only one
[snapback]24411[/snapback]

do you think he'd be cracking a joke in the heat of battle? although knowing him... he might :lol:

-Elessar

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 02:15:58 PM »
I was thinking about this the other day.  It is my opinion that using a voicechat would increase a teams effectiveness by 60%.  Without it it would be more difficult to call out enemy monks and other such important targets or change strategy on the fly.  I wouldn't be opposed to using this plus it wouldn't be a problem to use this server for it, if the server software is free (or inexpensive).

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 02:31:06 PM »
I was thinking about this the other day.  It is my opinion that using a voicechat would increase a teams effectiveness by 60%.  Without it it would be more difficult to call out enemy monks and other such important targets or change strategy on the fly.  I wouldn't be opposed to using this plus it wouldn't be a problem to use this server for it, if the server software is free (or inexpensive).
[snapback]24414[/snapback]
let me direct you to this post, but i'll give you the quote from it so you don't have to look

You can DL and install the server on your machine (which gives you super-admin rights) and you can host on your machine BUT you lose bandwidth! Which is why ppl rent out dedicated TeamSpeak Servers, you can get them cheap and they will have wicked sick connections. You prolly can get one for $3.99 a month for 10 registered user access.

i'm not sure what you consider cheap and that may not be the exact price... you'd ahve to look into it, but remember, this is actually from the same post as the quote i gave above... so put these together and you have the bulk of the guys post, and remember, he said that he had no issue with hosting channels on his server for other guilds

-Elessar
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 02:32:53 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 02:48:28 PM »
Hmm ok I downloaded the server...I'll attempt to set it up and keep you posted.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 03:10:13 PM »
Ok kids.

For all those who are interested. Culann's Hounds now has it's very own Teamspeak Server.  Huzzah

connect to: bluestarnet.com:8767
I guess use annonymous login since I didn't create any member accounts, unless it's possible to create em on your own, beats me I've used this software for a total of 5 mins so far.  Anyway the server password is hounds4ever

Let me know how it's working.
I'll do some more configuring later

Enjoy.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 03:57:59 PM »
Ok kids.

For all those who are interested. Culann's Hounds now has it's very own Teamspeak Server.  Huzzah

connect to: bluestarnet.com:8767
I guess use annonymous login since I didn't create any member accounts, unless it's possible to create em on your own, beats me I've used this software for a total of 5 mins so far.  Anyway the server password is hounds4ever

Let me know how it's working.
I'll do some more configuring later

Enjoy.
[snapback]24420[/snapback]

good news folks, i've successfully connected to the server and so you don't have to waste any time, here's my guide:

1.  Download Client here. The option to download the client is on the side panel.
2.  Setup Teamspeak.
3.  Once Teamspeak is open go to Connection>Quick Connect
4.  A pop-up box will open. In the Server Adress box, type "bluestarnet.com:8767". In the Nickname box, and type how you wish to be known. In the Password box, type "hounds4ever"  [attachmentid=390]
5.  Click connect.

-Elessar

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 10:18:31 PM »
do you think he'd be cracking a joke in the heat of battle?
[snapback]24412[/snapback]
Of course he does. It's comedy gold, abeit distracting.

Thank you, Mo, for setting this up! Me? I think I'll give it a pass. I wouldn't want to destroy my mysterious allure.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
    • http://
Teamspeak
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 01:47:06 AM »
THis is pretty sweet, besides the random farm animal noises ellesar likes to make.. lol. :D
GIT-R-DONE!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 04:02:50 AM »
A good idea and a bad one too. If i used it everyone would problably only hear a lot of obscenities on my part. Tonight i spoke with Throbble, 420, and if i remember correctly, Rune, but I am likely to be mistaken on that. And it came to a consensus that a well organized team does not need to say much in the heat of the fight.  420 mentioned setting up basic stratagies that can be done like football plays. This requires practice of course but once implemented can be called out quickly and by number even.
Ok I'm straying from the point. I am for it but before we get too excited about it let's get a good handle on the teamwork.  B)
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 04:50:37 AM »
A good idea and a bad one too. If i used it everyone would problably only hear a lot of obscenities on my part. Tonight i spoke with Throbble, 420, and if i remember correctly, Rune, but I am likely to be mistaken on that. And it came to a consensus that a well organized team does not need to say much in the heat of the fight.  420 mentioned setting up basic stratagies that can be done like football plays. This requires practice of course but once implemented can be called out quickly and by number even.
Ok I'm straying from the point. I am for it but before we get too excited about it let's get a good handle on the teamwork.  B)
[snapback]24451[/snapback]

Yes unfortunately football strategies and plays rely heavily on scouting the other teams.  Opposing teams know each other better than they know themselves.  In GW we are unlikely to have ever met our opponents before.  Hence the "on the fly" strategy.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 07:09:23 AM »
true, but i think i've gotten it pretty well down as to talking on it(after a while of fiddling around) without relying on voice activation, and really football plays probably wouldnt work well unless we've faced the exact same team before... anyway, according to a friend of my sister's who was watching me while waiting for my sis to get outa the shower(she's staying with us for the week..) commented that it was like a phone....
THis is pretty sweet, besides the random farm animal noises ellesar likes to make.. lol. :D
[snapback]24446[/snapback]
hey! i wasn't making those noises, brior was playing with his set up which was making the noises.

-Elessar

Offline RuNE

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 01:43:51 PM »
I must get this, only to hear 420 or Tolar, no offense :)
But becouse my english is not all that good i think i'll give it a pass too.

Fat people are harder to kidnap.

Offline mIRO]cRO[

• MSN Messenger - mirocro@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 04:10:13 PM »
i installed the client and joined the channel.I`m in.
It`s about time you hear my manly voice :P

mIRO]cRO[  |LM|
[/span]

[span style=\'color:blue\']
(....\................./....) you toucha
.\....\.............../..../ my board,
..\....\............/...../ i breaka
...\...../�´�¯.|.�¯`\..../ you face.
...|.... |....|.... (�¯ `\
..|......|�´�¯.|�´�¯.| \...\
..|.......` �¯..�¯ �´.......|
...\_................._.�·

[/span]
[span style=\'color:red\']
i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet
[/span]
[span style=\'color:orange\']
Chichiri: My eyes just fell out. How are you going to repay me 420?        

420:I will repay you in bricks and marbles. (now THAT is   creative financing)
[/span]
[span style=\'color:blue\']
"To live in Croatia permanently is like going to a party and dancing all night with one`s mother"

Offline maverick

• View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 05:53:55 PM »
says socket error# 11001
host not found

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 07:12:17 PM »
says socket error# 11001
host not found
[snapback]24495[/snapback]

Server was probably down when you tried

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2005, 11:57:26 AM »
hey mo, do you think it could be changed a bit so that there was a channel inside that the server was no longer passworded, but several guild only channels were passworded, and there were other just guild wars general channels, like so if i want to start a group for tombs with ts i could use the server and create a spare channel for teh team i'm making for tombs, and then have a separate "lobby" channel for anyone who enters... i think it'd be helpful, cuz i sometimes want to just start a group with ts, but have no server i can really use. i've seen other servers that have a similar system set up... next one i find i'll take a screen of and post for an example of how they set it up, its really useful

just a suggestion

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2005, 12:45:50 PM »
like so if i want to start a group for tombs with ts i could use the server and create a spare channel for teh team i'm making for tombs, and then have a separate "lobby" channel for anyone who enters...
[snapback]25120[/snapback]

Excelent idea, I was wondering how confusing it would get with the entire guild on teamspeak because we will always be split up into different groups doing different things.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »
Excelent idea, I was wondering how confusing it would get with the entire guild on teamspeak because we will always be split up into different groups doing different things.

[snapback]25122[/snapback]

i know, the most common thing i see is something set up similar to this

Guild-
  -Guild Hall
  -Guild Battle
Lobby-
  -Lobby
Trade-
  -Trade 1
  -Trade 2
Common Exploration Area 1-
  -CEA1a
  -CEA1b
Common Exploration Area 2-
  -CEA2a
  -CEA2b
Tombs/HoH
  -Tombs/HoH 1
  -Tombs/HoH 2
  -Tombs/HoH 3

-Elessar
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 01:13:15 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2005, 01:37:12 PM »
And give some people admin/mod rights to mod the non guildys.

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2005, 05:55:01 PM »
Ok i'll give some people admin rights to the server so you can set it up as you please.  Elessar and Lance? PM me a username and password and i"ll set up your accounts.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2005, 08:27:28 AM »
all right, I set it up a bit, I'm not sure, does the server itself still have a password? cuz I just have to type in my password to get in... anyway the password for the guild only channel is same as always: hounds4ever
here's a pic of it, just give me or lance any suggestions as to the channels
[attachmentid=450]

oh and here's a quick key to the lil letters next to the names of things:

R=Registered with Server, this can be players or channels
U=Unregistered with Server, this can be players or channels
M=Moderated
P=Passworded
S=Subchannels
SA=Server Admin

Note to Lance: when you get in and go to create channels, if you create one that you want to stay, make sure you hit the registered button or itll disappear on ye... had issues trying to make the tombs and guild only channel cuz i wasn't doin that earlier..

-Elessar

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2005, 10:06:23 AM »
okay big issue now, i'm trying to make a group for tombs when nearly EVERYONE tells me they can't get into teh server... whats up with that? i get in and out fine, even if i'm not loggin in as admin

-Elessar

EDIT: nvm, people managed to get in afterwards
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 01:36:32 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
Teamspeak
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2005, 10:05:50 AM »
I have trouble getting into :8767 or :6060 a lot of the time, it seems to be working only at certain times.

~Celestial
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Teamspeak
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2005, 12:48:41 PM »
I have trouble getting into :8767 or :6060 a lot of the time, it seems to be working only at certain times.

~Celestial
[snapback]25212[/snapback]

its always up, and we're aware of this issue... mo reckons that its not errors with the server, but issues more locally on the person's network... try again a few times.. it should work

-Elessar