Author Topic: How to: Wings and Tails  (Read 6224 times)

Offline JimDandy

• View Profile
How to: Wings and Tails
« on: May 22, 2005, 02:58:42 AM »
Greetings :hi:

Word on the street (BioWare's NWN boards) is that on GodSpire you can buy wings. Of course this intrigued me very much. We're designing our own PW and have subraces using DAR. The tieflings need their tails and I was curious if the adding of the tail could be done as an automated process instead of manually adding it with Leto.

When I read that you could buy them at GodSpire I was naturally interested in if this happens "on the fly" In Game, or if someone does the Leto editing manually. I figure the same method for wings can be used for tails so I simply must know  ;)

Sincerely,
JimDandy

PS: I searched around the forum but found only references to Leto (manually).

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 03:33:53 AM »
The function to add wings and tails on GodSpire hasn't worked for a long time.  I am not even sure if it ever worked.  Talon can answer this question best as he is the one who coded the function.  I'll try and find the script and let you know if i find something useful for you.

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 08:45:33 AM »
:rofl: it's a small world after all...

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 12:40:12 PM »
It worked back before one of Bioware's patches broke it. Talon used some wacky server extensions I believe.

When it did work it the wings and tail only stayed for as long as the player was logged in. As soon as the player left the server (even if they exported their character after getting wings and a tail) they would lose their wings/tail. So it really isn't a good solution for a Role Play server since the players would have to re-add wings/tail every time they logged in.

Offline JimDandy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 02:03:19 PM »
[Tips hat to BzK]  :)

@ 420
I'm sorry to hear it can't be done this way anymore. I guess I'll have to rely on the manual method for now. Perhaps something pops up on the Bioware boards [crosses fingers].

Thanks for the feedback!

JimDandy

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 03:44:39 PM »
It worked back before one of Bioware's patches broke it. Talon used some wacky server extensions I believe.

When it did work it the wings and tail only stayed for as long as the player was logged in. As soon as the player left the server (even if they exported their character after getting wings and a tail) they would lose their wings/tail. So it really isn't a good solution for a Role Play server since the players would have to re-add wings/tail every time they logged in.

[snapback]23665[/snapback]

Hmmm thats what I thought.  One of Talon's server extensions.  However, by that logic, his server extension were probably able to read the character files, but obviously could not write to them because they were not local, which is not the case on a server vault RP server.  It probably could be done because a server vault stores character files locally. Interesting, you'd have to talk with Talon further, but i believe it could be possible.