LucidMagic > Feedback & Community

Site performance

(1/6) > >>

Mo:
I've received complaints and recently noticed myself that users of this site sometimes receive timeout errors (ie. "bluestarnet.com could not be reached") something along those lines when trying to access the boards.  I've changed some configuration setting in PHP to try and solve this problem.  Unfortunately I can not test these changes because I never receive errors of this sort while working from the server iteself.  So I ask you to please post any errors or problems you have with the site here.  

Thanks

BzK:
it usually happens once or twice then you can get on the site fine. =P

Tea-cup:
It somethimes can't load for hours for me. But it seems completly at random, so I have no idea what it could be.

What I know is, changing IP helps somethimes. In case you badly need to view or post in here, and you can't connnect. Then changing IP may help. For the rest I only can recommend Mo to make sure that the connections allowed (and other settings) aren't (too) limited.

And maybe use apache instead of IIS. There's a reazon why 69% of the all the web servers use that httpd program. (other words: it's more used than all other web server programs together) The only drawback probably will be, that you can't use the asp.net, you'll have to rewrite pages with that in a other langue. Or run IIS for those pages.

-Mel

nathan:
same for me, I sometimes can't get on and it's at random times, not the same

Soul Sojourner:
I haven't experienced any problems yet. *shrugs*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version