Author Topic: The Eye of the Beholder Project  (Read 7089 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The Eye of the Beholder Project
« on: March 25, 2005, 02:43:57 PM »
Does anyone remember the old "gold box" TSR D&D computer games like Pool of Radiance, Menzoberranzan and Eye of the Beholder.

Those games used an engine which was later adapted into a game building tool much like NWN. In fact it was the original D&D campaign builder, Throbble and I built our first adventures there before NWN came out: The Adventure Constuction Set.

Anyway, one of those wonderfully obssesive D&D enthusiasts out there is recreating the Eye of the Beholder series for NWN and the first Module is done!

It contains custom creatures and is a fairly big adventure with multiplayer support that can handle up to 4 players. (122+ MB download)

Learn more about it here: The Eye of the Beholder Project

« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 02:45:35 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 05:47:19 PM »
I think it was called Unlimited Adventures.  I bought it and made my own "adventure" .  Though it turned out way to difficult to complete hehe.

Gold Box were cool.  Though Bard's Tale owned them.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 07:11:02 PM »
D'oh Mo is right, it was Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventure.

The Adventure Construction Set was an even older game that my cousin had on his Commador 64. I still have the original 5 1/4 disk for the PC and the manual.

You could customize the creature/tileset graphics on this cool 5 pixel by 8 pixel, 4 color palate. (Of course one of the colors was the background color, so more like 3 colors).

I made a Marvel Comics based adventure with it back in the mid '80's.

Ooo, and Mo, you may be interested in this fun little package I found (which unfortunatly for me doesn't include a copy of Unlimited Adventures).

Forgotten Realms Archives: Silver Edition

« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 07:11:18 PM by 420 »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 12:09:18 AM »
I have Eye of the Beholder for my Gameboy Adv. :)
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles