What is the current ip of the server.
And how often does it change?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
IP?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 02:47:34 PM »
172.16.1.33:5121

It has changed a few times recently due to the newest NVidia drivers causing my router to no longer see my computer. There is probably a better solution than rebooting the router, but it's some kind of non-standard quirky thing that the phone company sold me.

The IP for Throbbleserv didn't change for the last 6 or 9 months of 2004. I think as long as I don't try and intall those demonic video drivers again I'll be good.

If I do have to change it for some reason I'll post the new IP here.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
IP?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 06:15:55 PM »
Doh' just had to reboot the router again. Sometimes when my computer crashes the router doesn't recognize unless I reboot it. Pfft, never happens to Throbble's computer.

Current IP: 67.123.79.167: 5121

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
IP?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 07:25:12 PM »
due to the newest NVidia drivers causing my router to no longer see my computer.
[snapback]19921[/snapback]
Eh? Now I wonder what a rounter has to do with the videodrivers on a pc... What hardware is it? And what version of windows (I'm already sure of the windows part when reading this, just not the version, 98 maybe?)

-Mel

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
IP?
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 10:19:31 PM »
Eh? Now I wonder what a rounter has to do with the videodrivers on a pc... What hardware is it? And what version of windows (I'm already sure of the windows part when reading this, just not the version, 98 maybe?)

-Mel
[snapback]19932[/snapback]

I think it's a combination of things, the router connects to a LAN card on Throbble's computer but it connects to the USB port on my computer. Whenever something intereferes with the USB port (CD ROM read error, sound or video card crash) it can't reestablish a connection until I turn the router off and back on. So I have to actualy power cycle it.

I attribute this behavior to the following causes:

- Windows 98 (stable but old)
- Networking through the USB port (stupid "2Wire" 3rd party company)
- Ancient computer (5 years and counting)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
IP?
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 12:23:36 PM »
If you buy a switch or hub (they are very cheap) you could put that between the router and both your and throbble her computer, and both use ethernet. That should do a better job than that usb connection.

-Mel

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
IP?
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 01:19:12 PM »
If you buy a switch or hub (they are very cheap) you could put that between the router and both your and throbble her computer, and both use ethernet. That should do a better job than that usb connection.

-Mel
[snapback]19944[/snapback]

I'd have to by a NIC too, how much does a decent Network Card cost nowadays?

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
IP?
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 04:04:33 PM »
Also nearly nothing, exept if you want to buy 1Gbit stuff. Something that's useless for an internet connection anyway.

I just had an idea about the portal Mo did set in GodSpire to smithhold. Maybe it's a good idea to let the serverportal point to a waypoint in smithhold, located at a portal back to a waypoint in GodSpire that is located at the portal to smithhold (he he, sorry if you had to read it more than once :D ). That way it's more "real" and also easyer for players to give smithhold a visit and get back to GodSpire after it. GodSpire has a static IP afther all, thechnical it's all perfectly posible.

-Mel

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
IP?
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 04:31:53 PM »
@420

You're probably standing afk in the club room again.. can't get there. (I didn't see you anywhere else on GodSpire)

-Mel

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
IP?
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 05:42:55 PM »
Maybe it's a good idea to let the serverportal point to a waypoint in smithhold, located at a portal back to a waypoint in GodSpire that is located at the portal to smithhold (he he, sorry if you had to read it more than once :D ). That way it's more "real" and also easyer for players to give smithhold a visit and get back to GodSpire after it.
[snapback]19950[/snapback]

Done this morning, as soon as Mo makes the update on GodSpire there will be a portal to and from GodSpire on Smith Hold.

Great minds think alike.

Sorry about the AFK, Throbblefoot is ill and I'm busy taking care of her so I'm AFK more than usual.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 05:43:37 PM by 420 »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
IP?
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 08:32:31 AM »
Sorry about the AFK, Throbblefoot is ill and I'm busy taking care of her so I'm AFK more than usual.
[snapback]19955[/snapback]
Np, how faster she gets better, how better :)

-Mel

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
IP?
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2005, 05:52:23 PM »
I'm alive again - I know this is off topic, but thanks to everyone who sent their well-wishes to me by way of 420!

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds