Author Topic: One Piece  (Read 4578 times)

Offline Saiato

• View Profile
One Piece
« on: January 29, 2005, 12:22:54 PM »
Another manga I highly recomend is One Piece. Some people might have heard of it, I heard they made a horrible release of it on fox kids or whatever the hell it's called now. That sort of dissapoints me because it's definately one of the greatest mangas of all time, currently at 36 volumes and still going. It's basically just about a boy who wants to become the greatest pirate of all time. As a child he accidentially eats a devil fruit, which gives super human abilities at a price. The fruit he eats gives him "gum gum" abilities, which basically makes him a rubber man, however he can't swim. When he grows up to about 18 or so, he sets off on a small ship to build his pirate crew. He's an easy going idiotic type of kid, which gives the series a good sense of humor. His plan is to build a small crew of only elites then set off to the grand line, a dangerous ocean where the greatest pirate of all time hid his ultimate treasure "one piece." I think that's a good enough start, anyone who's read it feel free to add. I'm only on volume 17 at the moment, so no spoilers =P