Author Topic: Ideas!!!  (Read 7279 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ideas!!!
« on: January 23, 2005, 04:37:55 PM »
This thread is specifically meant for people to post there Ideas here! - HeLL

Offline Daniel1975

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Ideas!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 12:52:34 PM »
Is it just me or are there some others who think we got too far away from our roots?
*sigh*
I see nearly everyone running around with some annoying overpowered archer and dueling is no fun at all anymore!
Those archers hit you three, four or may be five times and all your hp is gone!
I really begin to hate this! Where were the times were Antediluvians used to be mages???!
I know that this is just my opinion and no one else thinks this way but I really can't understand why one should be
an archer? What do they do? Just staying there and shooting arrows...oh yes they cast true strike...my oh my ... wow I forgot!
But what do you need to duel with an archer???
If you are a spellcaster you have to choose different spells each round and it depends on your opponent which spells you cast...
so each time it is different.
I'm really angry because of those annoying archers...and I mean REALLY angry! *darn*
It's not that I don't like this clan anymore, no I am spending more than 90% of my free time for it. Trying to make things better,
trying to maintain all those folks somehow, trying to keep this clan together...I don't want anyone to say "Hey Gwyd, you are fantastic!"
No I don't need that!
All I want is to get back something of what we have lost...something like an old tradition.
Okay you all know that I'm not some sort of 12 years old jerk ;) I tend to be a bit old fashioned, trying to hold to the basics, to the roots where we came from. And I also know (and some of you may have already encountered me this way) that I can be weird or angry in some situations.
I'm the oldest Antediluvian I think but still there is a little child in me that comes out from time to time... ;)
But I'm getting off from topic... *sigh*
I already once had the idea of dividing the clan in two groups, a group of ranged melee and the other group spellcasters. I don't want to divide the clan, the idea was to have two "sub-groups" in our clan if you understand what I'm trying to tell you.
Alkti could then be the leader of the ranged melee group (he still would be Leaderof all antes!) and I could be the leader of the spellcasting group. So each group could get more focused on their skills and discuss about things that matters to them. Get what I mean?
It's just an idea...may be an idea for the future when Antes will grow further like they do now.
Smaller groups would be more easily to maintain than one big group though!
And I think it would be more fun again to play! ... but as I said in the beginning...may be it's only me that thinks this way... :(

Sincerely...Gwyd!

p.s. I posted this in Antediluvians too but since there are some new ideas in this text too I posted it here again...
G[/span][span style=\'color:orange\']w[/span][span style=\'color:yellow\']y[/span][span style=\'color:green\']d[/span][span style=\'color:blue\']i[/span][span style=\'color:purple\']on[/span] - Slann [span style=\'color:red\']Lord[/span] of the [span style=\'color:green\']Antediluvians

Offline Alkti

• ICQ Messenger - 304394341
    • MSN Messenger - b3nn1b@gmx.de
    • View Profile
    • http://www.antediluvians.de.vu
    • Email
Ideas!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 01:42:47 PM »
I dont really disagree.

Yes, there are archers with high ab (me included). I can understand that some ppl dont like that, i have the same problem with hiders and monks, i dont like them. Well, in fact i dont like lvl 40 much. I personally think lvl 20 is way more fun, especially the mage duels. Problem is most players play on lvl 40.

Would be a good idea to keep the mage business in the clan, well, maybe make Ante a only mage clan would be the best solution, but what do the others members think?

I know you dont want to split the clan in two groups, but i guess that would be the result of making "sub-clans". Why do i think that? Well, i have a similar problem in RL, but thats another story...

Ideas!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 01:59:41 PM »
To all antes :: i just spoke 2 alkti and gwyd about a solution 2 it..
We change it into for the most part a mage clan.. not entirely for those of u taht like 2 dabble with other builds (thats me big time)
We only recruit mages and every1 is mage, once thier 100 percent antes they can make a diff build but still have 2 specialize in mages.. hope every1 is cool with the idea.. it should hopefully mke things more fun for those who diddnt like the new builds ppl were using...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ideas!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 02:45:31 PM »
Nope. Don't like it. I've never been good with spellcasters, and all I know is melee, and monks. Everybody has their own preference, does that mean because I like monks, Gwyd should too? Or that Gwyd likes spellcasters I should then too? I  don't think so. I think the idea is beyond insane, there are mages out there, it's not like all there is are archers! Heck I like archers, because as a monk they are normally easy to kill. My solution, don't duel who you wont beat! I basically dont duel monks hiders, or the people that use (death attack darkness and sneak type tricks)

Offline Daniel1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Ideas!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 03:07:55 PM »
Nope. Don't like it. I've never been good with spellcasters, and all I know is melee, and monks. Everybody has their own preference, does that mean because I like monks, Gwyd should too? Or that Gwyd likes spellcasters I should then too? I  don't think so. I think the idea is beyond insane, there are mages out there, it's not like all there is are archers! Heck I like archers, because as a monk they are normally easy to kill. My solution, don't duel who you wont beat! I basically dont duel monks hiders, or the people that use (death attack darkness and sneak type tricks)
[snapback]16987[/snapback]

HeLL it is a sad thing you can only complain about what you dislike!
Why don't just take the challenge and make a spellcaster?!
Take some practise with other spellcasters (may be me??! ;)  )
In fact Alkti, Dmar and me like this idea of making Antes like it used to be once = A clan of mages!
To make this realeveryone needs to have at least one sorc/wiz/cleric/druid ...whatever just a spellcaster! (sorc/wiz would be the best)
G[/span][span style=\'color:orange\']w[/span][span style=\'color:yellow\']y[/span][span style=\'color:green\']d[/span][span style=\'color:blue\']i[/span][span style=\'color:purple\']on[/span] - Slann [span style=\'color:red\']Lord[/span] of the [span style=\'color:green\']Antediluvians

Offline Daniel1975

• View Profile
    • Email
Ideas!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 04:38:12 AM »
This is a mail I got from Seraghon:

Well Gwyd,
                In would have to say that I agree completely with your
comments, overpowered archer charachters are more that just a little bit
annoying I think! >:( .
Also, the idea about the two different sections wothin the clan is a good
one (those thw being melee and magic) and obviously I would be in the magic
section. The possible advantages that this new way may give are good. Yes,
it would be easier to run and also to put individual ideas across, but would
it drive the clan apart (maybe even to the point of rivalry!?)?
         This idea is a good one that we shoud seriously consider, but bear
in mind the possible disadvantages.

Seraghon- Slann Shaman of the Antediluvians

Offline Alkti

• ICQ Messenger - 304394341
    • MSN Messenger - b3nn1b@gmx.de
    • View Profile
    • http://www.antediluvians.de.vu
    • Email
Ideas!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 03:45:24 AM »
These are all things about the clan, not the server. So pls use the clan subforum for those things.

And i recommend we should use the "JustBehave's Server" Topic for any news about the server, too. So "Topic closed"