LucidMagic > Feedback & Community

Help getting server running?

<< < (6/6)

Tea-cup:

--- Quote ---Ok, I shut the router firewall off and everything is done that you have said. But, it still does not show up on the list of games nor is it joinable by other people... I think Qwest is sabotaging my efforts and might switch back to Comcast(liked it better anyway)
[snapback]15693[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
To be sure the problem isn't gamespy, try to connect with nwmain to the server useing your wan-address, not the lan. If that works but the listing doesn't works, it can be gamespy. If poeple other than you can't connect it may be the provider.

I'm going out of the point the settings on your side are correct.

-Mel

DiVeRsIoN:
Well, I messed up big time trying to fix this. I somehow lost all connection to my ISP and the router there. I have no internet and no way of connecting to it. I'm at school right now, had to wait all weekend to respond. I'm changing ISP's from Qwest to Comcast(DSL to Cable) b/c of this and the fact that the internet is down alot and it's SLOW. Hope to see yall soon back on Godspire. Laters  :D

PS: Server should work fine with Comcast, NO ROUTER!! YIPEE!!!

Tea-cup:

--- Quote ---Well, I messed up big time trying to fix this. I somehow lost all connection to my ISP and the router there. I have no internet and no way of connecting to it. I'm at school right now, had to wait all weekend to respond. I'm changing ISP's from Qwest to Comcast(DSL to Cable) b/c of this and the fact that the internet is down alot and it's SLOW. Hope to see yall soon back on Godspire. Laters  :D
PS: Server should work fine with Comcast, NO ROUTER!! YIPEE!!!
[snapback]15912[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
I like routers, only thing on it, just like with any firewall, you have to configure it a bit when you want to serve.

Anyway, my line didn't shut 1 time in years. My isp isn't perfect (ip change every day, low upload), but I don't have downtimes :)

-Mel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version