LucidMagic > Feedback & Community

Help getting server running?

<< < (5/6) > >>

DiVeRsIoN:
Ok, the modem is a Actiontec�?�® GT701-wg.

Tea-cup:

--- Quote ---Ok, the modem is a Actiontec�?�® GT701-wg.
[snapback]15531[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Like I guessed before your router is prolly on 192.168.0.1

Try this in your browser http://192.168.0.1
It should bring up some kind of configuration menu for the router, somewhere there you may find a option to forward ports.

Look in 'setup' -> 'advanced setup' -> 'port forwarding'
There just give the 5121 for a udp port and your local ip (192.168.0.4)
Maybe yiu'll have to add entry with a tcp port too. Afther that try to connect with your nwn to you nwserver useing direct connect to you internet adress (just use that site to get the adress)

If that works you might try to ask someone to try too.

-Mel

DiVeRsIoN:
Ok, well I could connect to it just fine, could before. I had Stitch try and connect and it just timed out and would not connect. It also does not show on Gamespy even though the box is checked. The ports are fowarded (thx a bunch mel) but it is still having problems even with it forwarded. Also, is there anyway to change the NWServer from using 192.168.0.4 and use 68.102.178.109 to try and test if that could be the problem. This first is my LAN address teh second is my WAN address... That way they connect to that since it's the WAN address and is forwared to my computer through the LAN (if im getting this forwarding stuff right in my head.)

Tea-cup:

--- Quote ---Ok, well I could connect to it just fine, could before. I had Stitch try and connect and it just timed out and would not connect. It also does not show on Gamespy even though the box is checked. The ports are fowarded (thx a bunch mel) but it is still having problems even with it forwarded. Also, is there anyway to change the NWServer from using 192.168.0.4 and use 68.102.178.109 to try and test if that could be the problem. This first is my LAN address teh second is my WAN address... That way they connect to that since it's the WAN address and is forwared to my computer through the LAN (if im getting this forwarding stuff right in my head.)
[snapback]15567[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
If you did forward the port (do both udp and tcp, just to be sure) and if there's nothing else like a firewall (on the router and/or host computer) then poeple should be able to connect to your server using the wan address. Your nwserver doesn't has to know the wan address, forwarding should make that the wan port points to your local port. So check the if there's a fire wall, the nwserver setting and the router's options for anything that could be the reazon for it.

-Mel

DiVeRsIoN:
Ok, I shut the router firewall off and everything is done that you have said. But, it still does not show up on the list of games nor is it joinable by other people... I think Qwest is sabotaging my efforts and might switch back to Comcast(liked it better anyway)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version