LucidMagic > Feedback & Community

Help getting server running?

<< < (4/6) > >>

DiVeRsIoN:
Ok, I got my actual IP address now and Im just wondering how to change the NWServer program to go thro that ip instead of the LAN one? Any ideas?

Tea-cup:

--- Quote ---Ok, I got my actual IP address now and Im just wondering how to change the NWServer program to go thro that ip instead of the LAN one? Any ideas?
[snapback]15282[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Forward the correct port (prolly 5121) from the lan address to the wan address. That's the only way to have poeple connecting.
-Mel

DiVeRsIoN:
How do I forward a port? Since I don't have a router I know nothing of this... I think we getting close to the solution. I'm getting all excited and can't wait to unveil my mod I have slaved over =P (not done yet just want to test as I go so I don't release then go "Oh crap, I missed a bunch" :()

Tea-cup:

--- Quote ---How do I forward a port? Since I don't have a router I know nothing of this... I think we getting close to the solution. I'm getting all excited and can't wait to unveil my mod I have slaved over =P (not done yet just want to test as I go so I don't release then go "Oh crap, I missed a bunch" :()
[snapback]15323[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
Maybe a bit information about the things that connects you to the web may help. What's it called, who made it, ect. Maybe I can find out how to forward a port.

-Mel

DiVeRsIoN:
I'm at school right now in my Java class, but I know it is an ActionTec DSL modem using a USB connection. I'm connected to DSL (obviously :)), the exact name of the Modem is hard for me to know til I get home. It is a standard Qwest only modem so it might be on thier website. I'll post again when I find out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version