Author Topic: Arivs up/down  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Arivs up/down
« on: January 04, 2005, 12:27:20 AM »
Just had a nice kernel panic on the arivs server.

This isn't anything fatal to the server as I only have to restart it. But I somewhat dislike that it crash and I want to sniff a bit around on it to see what I can do. Maybe reinstalling/reconfigurating stuff.

Other words, arivs will be down (as the server isn't hosting)
I'll post here when it's back running. If you really die of not having the server up, you may post that too :P

Poeple can join slaughterhouse or justbehaves server (or who know, gs, if it gets up)

note: slaughterhouse isn't finished and need some work, as I did get in a char whit 134 ac that has only 83 on arivs/gs.

-Mel

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Arivs up/down
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 01:44:43 AM »
I'm going to rebuild the server completly. Also I change from debian to gentoo and will compile everything from source. This will take at least a few days, and there much chance the server won't be back up for days (if not weeks)

If you want to run something small yourself, and need scripting support, post it in the scripting forum. I'll be happy to help.

note: This was posted from a textmode browser in a terminal screen :P

-Mel

Offline KingKong

• View Profile
    • Email
Arivs up/down
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 02:06:42 AM »
Mel r u going to take and add away from the mod or r u goign to start a whole new 1 from scratch, if ur start from scrtach couldnt u leave Arvis up while u work ona new 1?? :blink:  :blink:
plz do not send my any emails,cuz they wont get a reply...

*Sigh* sometimes i hate being a noob,cuz there s a GOOD chance off not getting into a clan, exspecialy DOriath my favourite...*Sigh*......

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Arivs up/down
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 09:22:34 AM »
I could use a filter script....
and how do you make an area in a module pvp....
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Arivs up/down
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 01:59:16 PM »
Mel r u going to take and add away from the mod or r u goign to start a whole new 1 from scratch, if ur start from scrtach couldnt u leave Arvis up while u work ona new 1?? :blink:  :blink:
[snapback]14725[/snapback]
It's not the module/nwserver I'm rebuilding from source. I wish I had the nwnsources. :glare:  But only bioware has. I'm rebuilding the systems core and eveything around it.

I'm switching to gentoo because it did proof to be very nice and fast before. Debian is fine but I think gentoo is better suited for a server. + the server was a mess, too much installed stuff I didn't use. Gentoo site  Debian site  Linux kernel site

The mod prolly won't change, exept for a good reazon. Same goes for the database of the nwserver and forum. And I'm saying this already for weeks, I have less and less time. There's a chance that I won't be able to be on nwn at all.

The server will be on afther the weekend. That's the max time I have to put it back online. Arivs nwn may take a few days more to get back online.

I could use a filter script....
and how do you make an area in a module pvp....
[snapback]14737[/snapback]
That's asking much  :closedeyes:
If you have no idea how to start writing the filter I can't help you. If you don't know how to filter a thing, like null armor parts or so, or there is a bug and you can't find. There I can help.

I'm not going to give away parts of my mod, as this isn't even usefull for you as it needs the database, and it is that complicated that if you don't know how to script C (and not just the basics) and some SQL, you'll never get something usefull out of mine. It also can't run on windows anyway.

I'll give some links that may help you.

Here are some links to filters that may help you:
Windgate (nwvault)
Toki's fire gate (nwvault)
Moo filter (nwvault)

This is a link for nwnx/asp, this gives support for a database on nwn:
asp/nwnx (sourceforge)

This is a link to the site of the database I use, as long you don't go comercial you can use this for free:
MySQL
Altenative is useing M$ acces for it. But I highly recommend for dumping that program to the trash bin  :lol:
Any ODBC compatible database can serve for asp/nwnx.

Also if you have a dynamic ip and want a fixed free dns adress, check this link out:
DynDns
You also can pay a bit to get a domain with the name you want. Something like 'name-of-your-server.com'

Note: most of these thing have very good helpfiles, don't start asking me stuff that's in there  <_< And if you can't find something, google is your friend. Also if you want a nice stable server, make a *nix box for it (unix/linux/ect). Preformance and stability on those are way better than anything you can get whit M$. Only thing left to do is making sure you have enough upload and building your server.  :)

Questions are welcome but if they aren't clear or if I'm busy, I won't answer.
And post them in the NwN Building forum. I'll close this thread to ensure this.

Have fun.
-Mel

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Arivs up/down
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 09:30:30 AM »
Found someone who wants to buy the machine I used to host for a very nice price. I'll buy a other machine later, but this pretty much means I won't bring arivs on permenant again.

Normally this won't be a problem as gs runs and there will maybe be a second server later anyway (don't ask) But if you want to do a war and need a free host, I still can bring arivs on as long needed.

If you want me to host arivs for whatever, don't tell me that the moment you need it, but warn me a bit on forehand. I'm not running a 24/7 hour service  :closedeyes:

-Mel