Author Topic: Anti-Hider Tactics  (Read 7458 times)

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Anti-Hider Tactics
« on: December 23, 2004, 05:25:14 PM »
Hi all,

ok so i was on Arivs today there were a lot of halfling hiders on (sling, annoying voice set etc)

so i got to thinking, we need a countermeasure against these things!!

so if anyone has any good sugestions then pls post them here.

naturally ED and Uncanny are helpful, but any other?

cheers

James

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Anti-Hider Tactics
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 05:56:31 PM »
Hi all,

ok so i was on Arivs today there were a lot of halfling hiders on (sling, annoying voice set etc)

so i got to thinking, we need a countermeasure against these things!!

so if anyone has any good sugestions then pls post them here.

naturally ED and Uncanny are helpful, but any other?

cheers

James
[snapback]13639[/snapback]
127+ spot chars, can be a bit anything whit wisdom and elf (keen sence). Makes easy pickings of all kinds of hiders exept those that have hips as extra, not as main weapon. It's not hard to make those chars whit 90 ac, 35+ caster and 120 hide on it.

A well made mage also can kill hiders whitout much problems. But it's a bit harder to use.

Poeple only use dex/sd chars in arivs. They all have the same weaknesses, it's going to be funny when a few poeple find out how to deal whit it.

-Mel

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • Email
Anti-Hider Tactics
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 07:00:57 PM »
well, how about that, i forgot about spot, duuh :)

but i think that your right about the more hipsters on arivs.

its all about the start of the duel i think, they get off a couple of sneaks which can cause 300+dmg, that can ruin your day :)

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • Email
Anti-Hider Tactics
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2004, 07:55:18 PM »
A few things that help

*High ac (95+).

*Spot and listen (you dont have to have super spot and listen some hiders have little hide and move silently because they know people wont bother putting points into it if they cant get 120+ in spot and listen, some cant even get high hide and MS).

*Wisdom governs the spot and listen skills ( if ya have extra room on ya items chuck on some wis to help out ya spot and listen).

*If the hider doesnet move dont move ya mouse around when they hide keep it in the same spot the hid in so when they come out of hide you can click on them straight away.

*Turn IE on before a duel to give you AC a boost and help try and foil there plans to catch you flatfooted.

*Attack straight away (start clicking on them before the go) so you can ether A. get them flatfooted or B. You dont get flatfooted.

*Horn.
*IKD.
*WoF.

*AoE spells (anything from lesser igams magic missle,ice storm, horrid ect and any dmg aoe spell).

*Greese/web/entangle ect helps if they move around alot.
*The Ampilfy spell (bard spell that gives +20 to listen).

*Sidesteping/run if fighting vs a melee hider so they dont get any sneak or there hide time runs out and there stealth cancels before they get you.

*Deflect arrows feat (also deflects other ammo).
*A decent HP (not needed but helps you for taking sneak hits).
*Dodge and Mobility feats.
*Uncanny Dodge.
*Empty body.
*Concelment feats.

*HIPS (when they hide you hide after them and get them when they come out .....dont go into hide first).

*Put some wall of blades up around you and in stragic places.

*Summons, animal companions and familars around you ....gives a higher chance of them misclicking and and good meat sheilds.

*DMG sheilds vs melee hiders.
*Death AoE magic (implosion,wail,werid.....maxed dc).

*Ask them before a duel if your really not up for the challenge if they wouldent mind capping there hides to X amount of times ( though alot of hiders know if they have a outright advantage over someone they wont go "pedel to the metal" on ya).

*Remember to have fun and not whine/be a sore looser or downright refuse a duel with them.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 01:00:09 AM by bus driver »

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anti-Hider Tactics
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 01:33:27 AM »
What happened to using your brain..........................

"Poeple only use dex/sd chars in arivs. They all have the same weaknesses, it's going to be funny when a few poeple find out how to deal whit it."

nonononononono

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • Email
Anti-Hider Tactics
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 05:18:31 AM »
cheers bus! thats some essay there :)

i am going to make a nice spotter today - in between wrapping presents :)

happy christmas guys :)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Anti-Hider Tactics
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 06:16:41 AM »
The Ampilfy spell (bard spell that gives +20 to listen).
Won't help if you have already 50+ from items in listen. And I wouldn't use listen, it takes some time to detect the other whit it and you still go flat, whit spot you're safe.

-Mel

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anti-Hider Tactics
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 08:48:01 PM »
I found that against hiders a very funny tactic works very very well. It's mentioned above in Bus's post.

The thing is that when I fought a hider with my char, which was intended for a battle so he was an extreme buffer, the oppenent had me at near death when I started attacking, he was a hider. So after that I just let him hide and everytime he hid, I hid. He got no dmg on me what so ever and I got dmg on all my stealthing times. So either he stopped hiding, or I kill him. Guess how that turned out ^^ slaughter.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Maxou

• View Profile
Anti-Hider Tactics
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 01:13:02 AM »
About IE > It's usefull but a bit difficult to use vs hider . You need to count apr , and his hide each 6 second to activate it when he wanna hide . Being bard aa does help because you don't need any ts or anything . With monk it's even more easier because you wanna roll 20 so don't bother with that ie timing :)
Lord of Doriath .
Part of CoD .
Member of LoS .

Maxou :
- Sexy Sorcerer :  Mage dueler only
- Mighty Pingu : High dmg monk
- Wild Lion : Melee Bard str
- Wise Panda : eb AA
- Evil Rabbit : All round sorc

Offline James_2k

• View Profile
    • Email
Anti-Hider Tactics
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 05:11:07 PM »
aye anyway, my new archer seems to work vs a lot of hiders - nearly even Mels :D

so spotting seems to be the defence :)

the funny thing is, when they hide and you keep attacking, they start saying "lame" and "Lag" etc :)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Anti-Hider Tactics
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 05:48:45 PM »
aye anyway, my new archer seems to work vs a lot of hiders - nearly even Mels :D

so spotting seems to be the defence :)

the funny thing is, when they hide and you keep attacking, they start saying "lame" and "Lag" etc :)
[snapback]13926[/snapback]
My hide stays at a easy beatable 120 for most sd chars. Most of my chars don't need it, as you have noticed :P

But that pala of me should get a bit more ac, it's only 96 now and that still gets hit by aa's. Whit divine shield I'll be able to pull it to 103-105.

-Mel